Delvon Roe quits

Mulligan

Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted yet so sorry if it's a repeat. Just saw on SI that he is quitting because of knee problems. Certainly improves our outlook though I can't work up the hate for the Spartans like I can for the Badgers.

Quit is not the best word usage for this case. By all accounts a great kid who worked as hard as anybody until it finally became clear that his knees could no longer take the strain basketball was putting on them. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

I agree. He didn't quit. His body wouldn't let him play anymore. The basketball fan in me is disappointed that we never saw the true Delvon Roe in college. Best of luck to him.

The good news is he will remain on scholarship and is on schedule to graduate in May.

As a Purdue fan this a great news for my team, but a Big Ten fan and CBB I feel cheated. Roe never reached his IMO monster potential, or even be an elite player like everyone thought he would be out of high school. I thought he had Roe had a higher ceiling than Raymar Morgan, who had a hell of career at Michigan State.

You can't help but feel for the kid, really tough break for him but it's great that he is finishing his degree in March. Also a really classy act by Tom Izzo by keeping him on scholarship this year, but you wouldn't expect anything less from him.

Quite often leadership is undervalued. Roe will definitely be missed by MSU. Even with his injuries, he's always been one of those intangible guys.

One thing MSU lacked last year was leadership from its seniors. Lucas and Summers had nice careers, but they were really quiet guys, taking command of a team wasn't their nature. Sparty should have excellent upper-class leadership this year with Draymond Green, but losing Roe will hurt them in that area. Not many teams could do much better in terms of getting true "captaincy" than Green & Roe. This is a significant loss for Sparty. Best of luck to Mr. Roe, and I hope to see him on movie screens in the near future.

Here's a piece written by the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode. He sums up Roe perfectly.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...artans?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|GreenAndWhite

Like I said, just fine.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...delvon-roe-to-star-in-college-basketball-film

One day after Delvon Roe called it a career at Michigan State due to knee pain, it became apparent that the 6-foot-8 former forward might very well be able to find success in another field -- acting.

Roe has been cast alongside actor Beau Mirchoff for roles in "Gametime," an upcoming feature film that depicts two high school teammates who become college basketball stars, according to the Michigan Film Office.

Top Bottom