Deion Sanders announces he will become Jackson State’s football coach

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Interesting Hire IM0.

I don't know if he can coach a lick, but it would be cool to have him recruit you in my opinion, as he is entertaining. Lots of talent in FLA and with TO and Sapp on board as WR and DL coaches, it certainly won't be boring.

Your thoughts?

One and done. He will get bored with having to work.

Major props to Prime for putting in the work to finish his degree and put himself in this position. He could have just mailed it in and kept doing TV! Whether he's successful or not, major kudos!

Believe much bullshit will come out of Sander's mouth.

Interesting Hire IM0.

I don't know if he can coach a lick, but it would be cool to have him recruit you in my opinion, as he is entertaining. Lots of talent in FLA and with TO and Sapp on board as WR and DL coaches, it certainly won't be boring.

Your thoughts?
Many of those young guys are going to be impressed with those guys coming into their houses even if it by ZOOM. They can all spin the BS pretty well. I predict some pretty good recruiting classes in the short term at least. If it turns out nobody can coach then things might change. Getting talent is half or more of the college coaches job so they could win quickly.

Many of those young guys are going to be impressed with those guys coming into their houses even if it by ZOOM. They can all spin the BS pretty well. I predict some pretty good recruiting classes in the short term at least. If it turns out nobody can coach then things might change. Getting talent is half or more of the college coaches job so they could win quickly.

Yup - you don't till you know. If nothing else it has created a ton of pub for Jack State.

Who knew our beloved Rocko could manage? He is lauded by players and analysts alike. Big risk equals big rewards - I applaud anyone who has the "onions" to make those type of hires - with no track record to base it on.

I loved to watch him play, but I wonder if high school recruits even know who he is?

A head coach with a personna like that? Is he capable of putting himself on the same level as his players, does he care enough to want to know what's happening with all his players on a personal level? Can't see him doing the work, and checking his ego at the door . . . to the level needed to be successful.

Top Bottom