Definition of Irony

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
On the Sports Huddle on 'CCO today, the NDSU football coach was interviewed, but the Gopher FB coach was not. Claeys was never on - appears to have been a breakdown in communications. Dave Mona clearly expected Claeys to be on, but they couldn't get him on the phone - maybe out recruiting?

Sid and Dave did interview Drew Wolitarsky. I was doing something else at the time, and only caught bits and pieces of the interview. Don't know if DL65 caught more of it. If someone was listening more closely than I was, feel free to post a recap.

I don't know if you know what the definition of irony is, but that is not irony

The dude does the Sports Huddle show whenever called upon and you want to quibble over his choice of words?
I am not quibbling. I am trying to make sure he knows that when something unexpected happens it doesn't automatically make it irony.

thanks for all of your updates SON. you da man. screw ndsu.

SON – some tidbits from the Drew Wolitarsky interview:

• He was attracted to Minnesota during his recruitment because of the staff, the Twin City area and its work-related opportunities, and the prospect of seeing the field as a freshman.

• Because Wolitarsky is from California – a rarity on the Gopher roster - Dave Mona asked if he was told during his recruitment about the nice weather in Minnesota, as opposed to the “It’s cold in Minnesota,” and was he surprised with the weather? Drew laughed and said he was surprised how humid it is in August. Because of the heat and humidity, Drew said he would lose five to six pounds during pre-season practices. According to Drew Wolitarsky, his hometown is in an arid area of California and it has “dry heat.”

• Drew was asked about his major in school: He said he’s majoring in English and fictional writing. He didn’t dwell on the question asked, however, rather on how he’s focusing on having a good season and that he will be working out with Mitch Leidner in preparation for Pro-Days and the next level.

• Sid asked about the Gophers upcoming opponent - the Colorado State University Rams - and their quarterback: Drew’s first comment was that Colorado State lost a lot of players on defense. As to Colorado State’s quarterback, Drew said he watched the game between CSU and Colorado University a couple weeks ago and wasn’t impressed; however, he quickly added that he didn’t focus on the Rams quarterback because he spent most of his time studying their defense.

Go Gophers!!

"...the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect."

"...a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result."

ironic, yes. amusing? no.

Is it ironic that folks here don't know irony?

I grew up listening to Alanis Morissette so I am well versed in the meaning of ironic.

Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

I just wanted to tell you I looked it up in the dictionary and you were right. That is ironic. I thought ironic meant "made entirely of iron".

I grew up listening to Alanis Morissette so I am well versed in the meaning of ironic.

Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

It's meeting the man of my dreams, and then meeting his beautiful wife

0c30c8e597e44dd9d65b2941a17605d6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom