Defense

Goatboy

Reaction score
The defense today was absolutely horrid. To let an FCS team come into TCF for the home opener and put up huge numbers is absolutely unacceptable. I thought that the offense did what was expected of them and seems to be progressing.

The defense on the other hand let SD march up and down the field at will. At the end of the game there was no question whether the defense was going to stop them.

Containent! I don't know whose assignment it was for containment but it looked like Garin lost containment at least a half dozen times.

I am getting sick of watching this crap. We may have better athletes now but they are either put in the wrong spots or they don't know what they are doing.

The defense looked worse than bad, what an embarrassing loss.

Where does one start? How about the DB's.

Do we miss Theret and Royston that much? I guess so. Tackling by this group has been pathetic. I chalk a lot of that up to inexperience and taking bad angles. Carter has been a bust thus far. And the Manuel hype has been just that. Cosgrove scheme has the guys playing back on coverage and expects them to quickly close and make a tackle. Not.

With this defense, we will get lite up by SC. Their recievers are going to taking it to the house all day long. Even with Royston and Theret in there I would not expect a huge improvement because there are too many weak spots.

I blame the lack of depth in the secondary on Weber. Everything else is his fault.

With this defense, we will get lite up by SC. Their recievers are going to taking it to the house all day long. Even with Royston and Theret in there I would not expect a huge improvement because there are too many weak spots.

Theret and a 2nd string Bucky leftover are not going to save this defense. This is going to be one of those games where you have to ask how many digits the TCF scoreboard supports? When USC passes 100 points, does the scoreboard operator just leave it at 99 and say f it? Or does it loop over?

Theret and a 2nd string Bucky leftover are not going to save this defense. This is going to be one of those games where you have to ask how many digits the TCF scoreboard supports? When USC passes 100 points, does the scoreboard operator just leave it at 99 and say f it? Or does it loop over?

What? Well............ya mama is so stupid it takes her 2 hours to watch 60 minutes!:D

Top Bottom