Defense NOT That Bad

MLF89

Reaction score
Wasn't the best performance to say the least, especially against a team that on paper wasn't all that talented, but looking at the second half stats, Congrove/Lee made some good adjustments after halftime. Syracuse: 58 total yards in second half (including overtime). It went as follows: -4 yards and punt; 19 yards and punt; 18 yards and punt; 1 yard and punt; 5 yards and punt; -1 yard (end of regulation); 20 yards and interception (overtime).

By comparison, the Gophers had a total of 220 yards in the second half, but obviously couldn't capatalize with TDs. Too many mistakes in the Orangemen's end of the field.

The defense was one thing I was impressed with. The running game needs to come around along with the play calling. We are definitely searching for an identity on offense. Hey let's give Brew some credit for a come from behind victory but more importantly halftime adjustments!!

We got in position to score a good 30+ points, our Offense just has to work on finishing drives.......

Yes indeed

Congrove/Lee made some good adjustments after halftime - Something that was learned by the players from last year's DC - expect new direction at halftime.

In all games it is obviously important to make good half time adjustments but more so in this game since we didnt have any game tape or any clear idea of what the Orange was going to come out doing with their new QB and coaching staff. I was expecting a victory with more breathing room but I'll take the W the way we got it.

AMEN!!

In all games it is obviously important to make good half time adjustments but more so in this game since we didnt have any game tape or any clear idea of what the Orange was going to come out doing with their new QB and coaching staff. I was expecting a victory with more breathing room but I'll take the W the way we got it.

:clap:

I thought the defensive ends had a very poor game. Very slow off the ball and applied almost no pass rush. DTs were pretty good. LBs were exceptional, was really impressed with Lee Campbell today. He showed great leadership. Thought BPT had a nice game. Royston was invisible. All in all a pretty good effort, but we definitely need to find a DE that can get off the damn ball and make the QB step up into the pocket.

If we played Hayo and marquise we would have put up at least 30plus points. And BPT is an absolute STUD!! And we need HagemanAt least on 1side of the ball.

if we played hayo, hageman, and gray we woulda put up 30+ points easy. we need gray in the red zone. BPT is an ABSOLUTE STUD!!!! best corner in the nation. we need hageman on at least one side of the ball. get the freshman out there!!!!

I would like to have seen Marquise in there at some point - maybe alternating QBs to get some spark, some movement. Today often reminded me of the first series against Kansas after the halftime - just couldn't do it. This has ben a trademark for three years - trouble moving the ball and a weak running game.

Top Bottom