December 2nd will be interesting

Rog

Reaction score
With the normal two shoo ins for the BigTen bowl games not elgible (OSU and PSU) a 6 game winner may get a pretty good bowl game

Is Florida possible? Go Gophers!!!

It's obviously still very early to start talking bowl games, but given how awful the Big Ten looked on Saturday, the prospects of having just one team in the BCS are becoming more realistic. Of the four at-large spots, you'd have to think the SEC and Pac-12 are near locks for two of them, with the Big 12 not far behind. The ACC has three teams currently in the top 12, and if Notre Dame gets to 10 wins, they'd be a shoo-in.

The Big Ten has had two teams in the BCS each of the last seven years. If it doesn't happen this year, that would knock everyone down one spot, but it might spare the conference from not filling its eight bowl slots. I'll be thrilled with any bowl game, Florida or otherwise.

Normally a great point, but this year, PSU is not going to get many BIG wins. Those wins will go elsewhere; and naturally, they are off the Gophers' schedule this year. On the other hand, tOSU is not on our schedule, either.

I say, let's just have our team get better and better each week, keep on winning in the non-conference portion of the schedule, and then let the BIG schedule play out. While early, and perhaps due to parity or perhaps just average play, there are no BIG teams that really are jaw-dropping good, it appears to me. That said, we are much, much better than we were 12 months ago, and yet have a lot of improving to do. I believe we will be better still in November. What that means re: 12/2/12 is hard to say.

Hard to imagine in what a lowly place, and in what utter disarray the program was in "b.k. (before kill)". As I was wont to do in the Mason era, I often grumbled - even when we won - over "sytle points". I will NEVER do that again. The win over UNLV was beautiful.

Top Bottom