Dearring and Vaughn making some noise

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
http://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN

RILEY DEARRING – 6’5” – 2013 – SG – DE LA SALLE (MN) – NET GAIN SPORTS
Long wiry skilled wing talent with range that extends well beyond the arc. Has a solid feel for the game, decent handles, can score off the bounce, finishes in transition, and has the ability to take over the game at times from beyond the arc with his smooth stroke. A high major talent on the rise in Minnesota, Dearring looks the part of a top 50 prospect in the 2013 class before it’s all said and done.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=735

Must gets IMO in their respective classes

Dearing really fell off during the HS year, a lot of people were unimpressed. Hopefully a good AAU showing will change that

from ryanJames twitter it sounds like both of them are off to a good start this spring

The transfer flow usually goes the other way with Hopkins. Talk about a rarity, a blue-chip prospect LEAVING the Royals. Wow...

From flipping through a few of James' tweets, it looks like Duluth East's Johnny Woodard's the story of this weekend (with Vince Taylor in the crowd). What's the Gophers' interest, for those in the know?

Has anyone seen Kyle Washington play the 6'8 kid from Benilde? Dave Telep said some good things about him on Twitter.

I would imagine he's someone Tubby would love. Not super productive yet, but he's long and athletic and has a lot of potential. From what I've heard and the impression he gives me he seems like a good kid and a hard worker too. Potential + work ethic is a good combo. I'd imagine Gopher Warrior has seen him play more than me given his connection to Benilde. Maybe he'll have more to add.

Has anyone seen Kyle Washington play the 6'8 kid from Benilde? Dave Telep said some good things about him on Twitter.

I thought i saw somewhere that he had grown to 6'10? If he truly is that tall or even 6'9 i would think that might be enough to get him some good offers.

Also Johnny Woodard had a great weekend. By the looks of it so did Zierdan for howard pulley down in Boo Williams. IMO this class has a lot of borderline prospects who many still arent sure if they are high D1 material. Guess we will find out who is through the AAU season.

Right? its so hard to say zierdan wont be good, but again he is only 6'2" not athletic, or fast, and skinny. Could be the next hoff, but could also be a huge bust

Couple thoughts on the thread. First anything written by ny2lasports should be discounted as rhetoric. That site is only as good as the $ amount you spend with them.

2nd Riley isn't done transferring. Look for his next move to be announced soon. Going to be a junior so hopefully he's done with moving.

Washington is 6'8" not 6'10". Be interesting to see him get more productive definitely an athlete. His ACT/SAT scores will be key to his recruitment.

Right? its so hard to say zierdan wont be good, but again he is only 6'2" not athletic, or fast, and skinny. Could be the next hoff, but could also be a huge bust

Personally I think of Jason Bohannon when I watch him. Best comparison I can think of.

So who is the 6'8" kid from Benilde? And who is Kyle Washington, the kid that played against him?

From flipping through a few of James' tweets, it looks like Duluth East's Johnny Woodard's the story of this weekend (with Vince Taylor in the crowd). What's the Gophers' interest, for those in the know?

Woodard is an awesome talent, can shoot from outside but is so strong and quick he needs to keep going to the rim. Stronger and quicker than Coleman, will be interesting to see how AAU goes. I would think the Gophers need to pay attention soon or the field will be crowded.

Tweet from Marcus on Woodard

GophersNow
Don't be surprised if the Gophers target Duluth East's Johnny Woodard after his performance at the Comets Shootout over the weekend.

zierden supposed un-athleticness only deals with his defense. His offense is so crafty and he can score so good that athleticism is just irrelevant. Also he is a very smart defensive player so that makes up for some of the supposed un-athleticism.

zierden supposed un-athleticness only deals with his defense. His offense is so crafty and he can score so good that athleticism is just irrelevant. Also he is a very smart defensive player so that makes up for some of the supposed un-athleticism.

Settle down. Know you love the BSM kids but you can't dismiss his ability to d 2's at the D1 level as irrelevant. If he can work on his lateral quickness and show some legit desire to defend, cool.

Tweet from Marcus on Woodard

Johnny is a better recruit than Joe. The big difference is he didn't play at Hopkins and have the whole HP machine behind him. Looking forward to Woodard's senior year and would really like to see an early offer come out of the U if he proves he can defend this summer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6330594

Kyle Washington (St. Louis Park, Minn./Benilde-St. Margaret)
2012, PF, 6-8 | Team: Howard Pulley Panthers
It wasn't until the second viewing that Washington made a strong impression. The 6-8 power forward is a little on the quiet side, but he's building his basketball ego. If he can replicate his Sunday strides then we'll be talking about a big who will play in a BCS conference. Washington has the length and natural tools. Offensively, the lefty has a hook with either hand and with added weight and strength will come the confidence. His progress could mirror that of a younger Ralph Sampson Jr.; a potential late bloomer.

Top Bottom