Dear GLC...

anticallihan

Reaction score
I am not going to re-up without parking or primary seating choices next year.

I know you are working hard to find other options to help me remain a member, but without those it becomes hard to donate through the GLC. I can spend my money, hopefully, on nicer seats.

I often compare what is offered to the Dunkers (Meals, Pep Talks from coaches, seating, and maybe parking) and I feel a little slighted.

That being said. You never bought a parking lot through the U before. Why start now?

The technology center (by burrito loco/Catholic Center) is one option. I am sure there are others. I am sure someone around the U would like the lot sold out for all games before the season starts. Let's make it happen~!

I rather be regulated by someone other than the U on gameday.

I am not going to re-up without parking or primary seating choices next year.

I know you are working hard to find other options to help me remain a member, but without those it becomes hard to donate through the GLC. I can spend my money, hopefully, on nicer seats.

I often compare what is offered to the Dunkers (Meals, Pep Talks from coaches, seating, and maybe parking) and I feel a little slighted.

That being said. You never bought a parking lot through the U before. Why start now?

The technology center (by burrito loco/Catholic Center) is one option. I am sure there are others. I am sure someone around the U would like the lot sold out for all games before the season starts. Let's make it happen~!

I rather be regulated by someone other than the U on gameday.

Those are great ideas, anitcallahan! I would like to make one comment on your statement, about being slighted because you don't get the perks for the Dunkers. The Golden Dunkers are a very high end booster club, those members generously give thousands of dollars a year, not the two hundred or so it takes to be a GLC member. I actually would love for basketball to have a lower-end booster club, so younger, less financially affluent members could show their support and become involved like the GLC has done.

I think the GLC will get creative, and the questionnaire they sent out had some great ideas to retain members. Some stuff they should have been doing already if you ask me.

I honestly think they should be more aggressive and find a parking lot. I can tell you right now what I want. I want assigned parking with my friends. Period. I will gladly pay for that, and pay my members fee to assure it.

The U of MN should be ashamed for letting the GLC hang like this as well.

If you have not let Joel know about this by email, you should.

I think the GLC will get creative, and the questionnaire they sent out had some great ideas to retain members. Some stuff they should have been doing already if you ask me.

I honestly think they should be more aggressive and find a parking lot. I can tell you right now what I want. I want assigned parking with my friends. Period. I will gladly pay for that, and pay my members fee to assure it.

The U of MN should be ashamed for letting the GLC hang like this as well.

If you have not let Joel know about this by email, you should.

I agree and am sad as a GLC member that they have been left out to hang like this by Joel Maturi. The athletic department is always saying they want the fans to come out and support their teams and then this is how they return the favor to one of their most loyal fan groups. The University needs to find some answers and look for solutions instead of just saying no we cannot do this or that.

Look around at how everyone else (Coach B.) and we are competing with. Folks this is how the business is run and this is how we will be able to "get to the next level"

The Goal Line Club is about volunteers that came together to help the U. improve their FB program. What has happened? We got to a Bowl with Holtz, got to 8 Bowls in 10 years etc.

Now our fans are upset with a group of VOLUNTEERS because they cannot do something for them. Come on it is not what you get for yourselves it is about Winning on the field.

Also I think you will be happy with the role the GLC is going to play NY with the FB program.

And finally, Coach B. has given and continues to give the GLC his full support; their role and things they do will change but they will still offer a great deal and will continue to support the FB program.

Now I apologize for the tart come back but when I have waited and worked tirelessly for decades I get worked up as I still have not gotten to my "Bowl With A Parade" and I do not have time to wait for another 50 years!

GO GO GOPHERS

PS We are going to Tempe and enjoy our week their with our FB team!

Al,

I for one am not upset with the GLC. I am upset at the U for not rewarding the GLC and it's members. I know the U has to get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at every turn. What would you rather see as you get to the stadium next yeat. A bunch of expensive cars sitting in the parking lot or many Gopher fans having a good time with there flags flying. The U should be able to have some affordable tailgating close to the stadium to make this a great game day experience.

Perfectly stated

Al,

I for one am not upset with the GLC. I am upset at the U for not rewarding the GLC and it's members. I know the U has to get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at every turn. What would you rather see as you get to the stadium next yeat. A bunch of expensive cars sitting in the parking lot or many Gopher fans having a good time with there flags flying. The U should be able to have some affordable tailgating close to the stadium to make this a great game day experience.

Perfect.

Absolutely agree. I don't think anyone is upset with the GLC in this situation, they are upset with the U. By posting what he/she did, I thought that anticallihan was helping to give the rest of the GLC members a common voice to communicate their frustrations to the GLC so that the GLC can pass those messages on to the U. The GLC gives a lot of money to the football program, and a common voice from a large group of financial supporters will not go unnoticed.

Absolutely agree. I don't think anyone is upset with the GLC in this situation, they are upset with the U. By posting what he/she did, I thought that anticallihan was helping to give the rest of the GLC members a common voice to communicate their frustrations to the GLC so that the GLC can pass those messages on to the U. The GLC gives a lot of money to the football program, and a common voice from a large group of financial supporters will not go unnoticed.

I am glad someone understands what open letters are.... I support the GLC 100%.

Some one at GLC needs to approach

Dr. Bob. He is a big booster, amiable, and wants what's best for the team and the U. This is blatanly unfair on the face of it, and guess what he's the man that can do something about it.

Top Bottom