dear cal fans

TubbytownUSA

Banned
Reaction score
thank you for respecting our team, city, and stadium. you have a helluva football team and i wish you nothing but the best of luck the rest of the season.

it was a pleasant surprise compared to the air force fans who were arrogant and rather douche-like.

i hope our teams can set up future games, that was a lot of fun.

agreed, a group of classy people, was fun mingling with some of the people we met in our section. Wish more teams could act like Cal and Gopher fans. Becky and Hogeye fans are an embarrassment to college football

I do believe we have more in common than we thought, don'tcha know? :cool02:

Go Gophers!

Good luck the rest of the way Cal, USC looks beatable this year, please knock them off for me.

We met a older couple of Cal fans who's son played for them in the 90's at Sally's. Amazing people...bought us a beer which didn't hurt either. Got to respect a good traveling fan base....

I agree, we should do this again sometime.

You've got a real winner in Jahvid Best. Enjoy him while he's there!!

For the rest of the season, I will officially be Cal fan in the Pac10. Beat USC!!!! Beat Stanford!!!!

agreed, a group of classy people, was fun mingling with some of the people we met in our section. Wish more teams could act like Cal and Gopher fans. Becky and Hogeye fans are an embarrassment to college football

Congratulations. Took less than 3 hours after your loss to take it out on your rivals. :rolleyes:

I found both Cal and Air Force fans to be great to talk to about the game.

Thanks for the kind words folks; Gopher fans are a classy bunch. Your have a solid team that gave our guys all they wanted. Good luck rest of the way, and I hope our respective ADs work out more home and homes.

Congratulations. Took less than 3 hours after your loss to take it out on your rivals. :rolleyes:

Why don't you get the hell out of here, you f'ing troll. Go exaggerate about your football team to your fat family.

EDIT: I started a similar thread yesterday about the great Cal fanbase. I have nothing but respect for their victory today, and for their fans.

Agreed, it was good to talk to a couple Cal fans when I was up on the concourse. Very classy people (complimentary of the stadium and area) and a great program. I too hope for some more games between the schools.

Fans were nice... but some of your players need an attitude adjustment. I'm thinking of the guy who taunted Stoudermire and the one who flexed at our bench after he made a tackle

Fans were nice... but some of your players need an attitude adjustment. I'm thinking of the guy who taunted Stoudermire and the one who flexed at our bench after he made a tackle

Believe me, that irritated the crap outta us too. There's a thread talking about that at bearsinsider. What's funnier is Hagan's the guy that got smoked by Decker time and again. He needs to stfu and play. I hope he got a talking to.

thank you for respecting our team, city, and stadium. you have a helluva football team and i wish you nothing but the best of luck the rest of the season.

it was a pleasant surprise compared to the air force fans who were arrogant and rather douche-like.

i hope our teams can set up future games, that was a lot of fun.

Thank you, I too enjoyed both the game and your fan base (if only online). You have one of the best receivers in CFB and a great, loud, stadium. I'd like to see future games between our teams as well.

-kap

Not that is means anything but I was walking past Sally's and saw a Cal fan with a towel over his nose and face area and there was blood pretty much everywhere which makes me think someone got drunk and drilled him in the face.

Not taking anything out on anyone because of a loss to a college football team I cheer for, that would be what people from Iowa do. Am I disappointed, hell yes, but have no anger to take out on anyone.

Now you can be an Iowa fan, and thats fine, you live in MN now so obviously you're an intelligent guy ;) ; but if you cannot look at the behavior of a large chunk of your fan base than you are putting on the blinders. My buddies took in a game at Kinnick a few years back, they had guys throw elbows into them, threaten them physically when cheering for a touchdown, one guy got sniped in the face with a drink during the game, and when they came out afterwards their car was all keyed up because they had MN plates. Its just an unfortunate fact (and way of life in Iowa I guess), point being, no way in hell you EVER see that kind of behavior in MN.

Believe me, that irritated the crap outta us too. There's a thread talking about that at bearsinsider. What's funnier is Hagan's the guy that got smoked by Decker time and again. He needs to stfu and play. I hope he got a talking to.

Yep, we noticed. And we don't like it either. You can be sure the coaches have already come down on him and several other players.

Besides the Cal band playing during the moment of silence and during Minnesota Hail to Thee, the Cal fans were good. The band director needs to learn some proper etiquette.

Besides the Cal band playing during the moment of silence and during Minnesota Hail to Thee, the Cal fans were good. The band director needs to learn some proper etiquette.

Ya, I was surprised by how clueless the Cal band was. They just started blasting up the fight song immediately after the PA guy calls for a moment of silence. Felt really ackward actually.

Agreed. I've always noted that when the Sconnies bring their sexual harrassment squad over to play some tunes they have the good manners to alternate their song playing with our band during the breaks. Always struck me as a gentleman's agreement between the bands. The Cal band (and wtf was with those hats?) was either oblivious or doesn't have the same good sense.

And playing through the moment of silence was...well, I don't know how you explain that.

That has nothing to do with the fans though.

Top Bottom