Davon Townley PSU DE enters portal

RS last year and was used sparingly as a backup this year. But with 3 years to play and being a hometown kid PJ wanted out of HS, I imagine the staff is all over this.

Definitely a position of need after losing Keys & Booker.

Interesting to see some of these kids that leave for P5 out of state and are in the portal now. Not sure what Fleck's interest was originally and not sure if any wanted to be Gophers.

Carter at Michigan State with no place committed yet.
Townley with no place announced.
Lockett- MSU WR with not place yet.
Tyler Magnuson- Syracuse OL with no place listed

Caruso licking his chops over at UST.

Interesting to see some of these kids that leave for P5 out of state and are in the portal now. Not sure what Fleck's interest was originally and not sure if any wanted to be Gophers.

Not sure what the interest level in 3 of the 4 will be but Townley was someone we definitely went hard after coming out of high school. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run at him now in the portal if they feel there is a need for his position. Especially since he has multiple years left.

Huge difference to go from free school to paying for UST. You’re also assuming they want to be in Minnesota—something all 4 decided against already.

Of the group—I’d like Townley. But I don’t know much about Magnuson.

Isn't Townley Jr, Tyler Jonhnson's first cousin? If we pursued him out of high school, one thing is different is the Gophers have changed Dline coaches since those days. Evaluation could have changed.

Last edited:

Top Bottom