David Alston transferring

btowngopher

Reaction score
Former top instate player has entered the portal leaving Nebraska.

Former top instate player has entered the portal leaving Nebraska.
Looks like he hasn't seen the field in any of his 3 years at Nebraska so can understand wanting to go look for a fresh start somewhere else as he doesn't seem to be part of their plans.

It says we never offered him (not that it means anything now).

He had a Harvard offer ...

Bring him in. We could use LBs. Makes sense. I imagine he committed to NEB early in the process but could be wrong.

Bring him in. We could use LBs. Makes sense. I imagine he committed to NEB early in the process but could be wrong.
If I recall it wasn’t really an early commit. I recall people questioning why we hadn’t offered, but my understanding is that he fits more of a 3-4 scheme.

Granted it's maybe a bit premature, but looking back at that list of 2018 state of MN recruits...and there is not too many major contributors. BSF was a big coop for Fleck, but he thusfar has been more hype than production. Benny Sapp didn't see any time and transferred out. Max Janes got in trouble and left. As referenced, Alston hasn't done anything. Boe and Aune have gotten some time and contributed, but that's about it. Jacob Smith at BYU appears to have not gotten game action as of yet. Ronnie Audette left Oregon State before playing, and can't find where (if anywhere) he went to. Out of that group, Trey Lance was ranked 8th. Just goes to show what a crapshoot recruiting is.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-F...ankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MN

Granted it's maybe a bit premature, but looking back at that list of 2018 state of MN recruits...and there is not too many major contributors. BSF was a big coop for Fleck, but he thusfar has been more hype than production. Benny Sapp didn't see any time and transferred out. Max Janes got in trouble and left. As referenced, Alston hasn't done anything. Boe and Aune have gotten some time and contributed, but that's about it. Jacob Smith at BYU appears to have not gotten game action as of yet. Ronnie Audette left Oregon State before playing, and can't find where (if anywhere) he went to. Out of that group, Trey Lance was ranked 8th. Just goes to show what a crapshoot recruiting is.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-F...ankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MN
Ya, it escaped me who BSF was so I had to look it up.

Oh, and BSF88.

It says we never offered him (not that it means anything now).

He had a Harvard offer ...
Harvard or DUHbraska??? That's quite a decision to make. Kind of like do you want this discarded Yugo or a new Tesla truck. Why did he ever pick corn fields over Harvard? In the world of "I made a big mistake" he's up there in the charts. Sure hope he isn't planning a career in investment banking or being a financial advisor...

1623971335446.png
1623971384476.png

Last edited:

Looks like Montero has had a nice career so far at Rice.

Top Bottom