Dave Winfield, Jim Brewer and the 72 team at the game on Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The U will honor the 1972 BT Title team on Saturday and it sounds as if it will be a great turnout of former Gophers.

A couple of tweets from Winfield:

"U of Minn. 40th year #BigTen basketball champions reunion this weekend in Mpls. as #UMN plays #USC Trojans. I'm headed there tomorrow"

"I'll see some of my basketball teammates for 1st time in 35 yrs. It'll be good! @1500ESPN @WCCORosen @coachtubbysmith"

Go Gophers!!

Maybe they'll give Winny the microphone and he can talk about himself for a couple hours. :)

Hopefully they don't give him the mike, or that could be an invitation to repeat his Hall of Fame, "I, I, I, me, me, me" speech.

Will be great to see Jim Brewer.

Re: Winfield

I've heard Winny has graciously agreed to waive half his 15K appearance fee and call it a $7500 donation to Gopher athletics.:clap:

I've heard Winny has graciously agreed to waive half his 15K appearance fee and call it a $7500 donation to Gopher athletics.:clap:
so your saying Quincy Lewis can save his time asking for money for the practice facility?

When the 72 guys are introduced they should put one of those bell ringers dressed in red on the sideline.

Top Bottom