Dave Thorson mic'd up (video)

Love the attention to detail in shooting. I wonder how great Gabe's shot would have been had someone been able to provide the detailed attention to fundamentals. He was solid his freshman year, but he seemed to miss someone who could help him with the subtle attention to remain great. Thorson is a great coach for this team.

Love the attention to detail in shooting. I wonder how great Gabe's shot would have been had someone been able to provide the detailed attention to fundamentals. He was solid his freshman year, but he seemed to miss someone who could help him with the subtle attention to remain great. Thorson is a great coach for this team.

Gabe got in his own head. Had nothing to do with coaching. It's not like you can't look up key shooting fundamentals.

Any coach at the Major D1 level will know fundamental shooting techniques and Gabe was given the green light to shoot it almost whenever.

Gabe got in his own head. Had nothing to do with coaching. It's not like you can't look up key shooting fundamentals.

Any coach at the Major D1 level will know fundamental shooting techniques and Gabe was given the green light to shoot it almost whenever.
Yet, Coach Beilein improved his players shooting more than any coach I have seen. Coaching matters.

Yet, Coach Beilein improved his players shooting more than any coach I have seen. Coaching matters.
Coaching matters for sure. It most specifically matters in choosing and dictating how an offense is ran. It would be tough for anyone to shoot a high percentage in our offensive system last year.

Who is Ben shy with? Did a current player or recruit/recruit's parents tell you that? Cause if it's anyone else or based on the media, who gives any f--ks? Nobody hates speaking to the media more than Gregg Popovich, but he is a damn good coach and his players LOVE him.
And Ben is humble, a terrific quality.

Who is Ben shy with? Did a current player or recruit/recruit's parents tell you that? Cause if it's anyone else or based on the media, who gives any f--ks? Nobody hates speaking to the media more than Gregg Popovich, but he is a damn good coach and his players LOVE him.
Its just a narrative hes running with, hes said it probably 100 times on here. Anyone that knows Ben knows hes not shy, hes not a loud rah rah guy so he must be shy according to that guy.

Do not feed the trolls.

Its just a narrative hes running with, hes said it probably 100 times on here. Anyone that knows Ben knows hes not shy, hes not a loud rah rah guy so he must be shy according to that guy.
Right. Private? Sure. Shy? NO. Confident? Absolutely.

Yeah, each year he got further and further from Thorson (I think that was Gabe’s high school coach/someone can correct me if I’m wrong). I think Thor will be good for this team. [Year 1: Build a group identity and recruit] Year 2: Bring in players that fit that identity and learn how to execute down the stretch & recruit (Major failure of Pitino’s teams) [Year 3: Learn how to win consistently and WHY you win consistently & recruit] Year 4: Go get a B10 Championship! Far fetched, maybe!?! Possible, absolutely!

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom