Dave Telep's updated 2011 Top 100: Hollins #77, Coleman #92

Got to love that Hollins keeps climbing in the rankings. Means he is better than everyone thought he was.

Any particular reason DeAndre Daniels didn't make the list? That is surprising to me.

Also, now according to ESPN Minnesota has two 4-star recruits ... who was saying Tubby couldn't recruit now?

Also worth noting, Andre Hollins is rated higher than Naadir Tharpe (83)

Was it Telep or another national recruiting analyst who was forecasting a much bigger jump ( I believe in to the top 50) for Hollins earlier this year after his performance against Myck Kabongo?

Any particular reason DeAndre Daniels didn't make the list? That is surprising to me.

Also, now according to ESPN Minnesota has two 4-star recruits ... who was saying Tubby couldn't recruit now?

Also worth noting, Andre Hollins is rated higher than Naadir Tharpe (83)

Pretty sure you are missing the whole point of Tubby's recent mediocre recruiting. Look at the teams he beat out for both of them. Andre is turning out to be a great player, which is awesome for this team, but at the time of his recruitment he was not highly touted. He has taken off recently which was kick started by his game against Findlay prep or oak hill, can't remember which one.

Look at the team's he beat out? so? would you be glad if he didnt land them because of their other offers? and lastly, 2010 class, Mo walker had offers from marquette, pitt, and i think uconn or at least interest from uconn. Is that good enough for you?

Was it Telep or another national recruiting analyst who was forecasting a much bigger jump ( I believe in to the top 50) for Hollins earlier this year after his performance against Myck Kabongo?

Not sure if this is what your talking about, but Findlay's coach said after the game that if he isn't top 10 already, he will be. He isn't at that level, but still a very nice compliment regardless.

Pretty sure you are missing the whole point of Tubby's recent mediocre recruiting. Look at the teams he beat out for both of them. Andre is turning out to be a great player, which is awesome for this team, but at the time of his recruitment he was not highly touted. He has taken off recently which was kick started by his game against Findlay prep or oak hill, can't remember which one.

So because Tubby and the coaching staff recognized Andre's talent and potential before others, wouldn't that be even more of a positive when it comes to Tubby and his recruiting abilities?

No GOTR. The Findlay coach said that Hollins was one of the top 5 players his teams has ever played against

No GOTR. The Findlay coach said that Hollins was one of the top 5 players his teams has ever played against

Well if you're going to get all technical, he actually said top 4. And he still said the quote I already posted above. I may not have had it 100% word for word, but it was close enough and the message remains the same.

"He is one of the best four players this program has ever faced, and I’d compare him to one of our best in Avery Bradley, who’s now with the Boston Celtics,” said Findlay coach Michael Peck, whose team was ranked first in the ESPN preseason prep poll, and is ranked fifth in Maxpreps and Rivals’ rankings. “Hollins moved, hesitated, got himself open for his shot – and from 8-15 feet, he was money all night. If he’s not considered Top 10 nationally now, he will be.”

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/dec/03/findlay-prep-beats-white-station-despite-play-holl/?partner=RSS

Ahhh...so Andre doesn't count as a successful Tubby recruit cause he didn't beat Roy Williams or John Calipari for his services? Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad you have created the standards by which you can judge Tubby's recruiting success or not. Boy, I didn't realize how many mediocre recruiters there are coaching D1 schools!! I hope you tell Maturi to pony up the $4 million to pay Calipari if you want him to replace Tubby someday,

Nabbing two top 100 kids in one class is quite nice, and Tubby's done it multiple times now. And this year, they both fill a MAJOR need in guard play. How is that not a good recruiting job this season? I don't care who he beat to get him, he's beaten top schools for players before, he's already shown me that ability. I just want him to keep players on the team now, cause that's what has really been his problem, not the actual recruiting talent part.

Nabbing two top 100 kids in one class is quite nice, and Tubby's done it multiple times now. And this year, they both fill a MAJOR need in guard play. How is that not a good recruiting job this season? I don't care who he beat to get him, he's beaten top schools for players before, he's already shown me that ability. I just want him to keep players on the team now, cause that's what has really been his problem, not the actual recruiting talent part.

I am pretty sure there is a flow chart somewhere that people use to discredit everything Tubby does.

Wisconsin's only top 100 recruit had them beating out Iowa Hawkeyes, Northern Iowa Panthers, Iowa State Cyclones, Butler Bulldogs. Yet, in a thread a month from now everyone will say ... why can't Tubby recruit like Bo Ryan?

I am pretty sure there is a flow chart somewhere that people use to discredit everything Tubby does.

Wisconsin's only top 100 recruit had them beating out Iowa Hawkeyes, Northern Iowa Panthers, Iowa State Cyclones, Butler Bulldogs. Yet, in a thread a month from now everyone will say ... why can't Tubby recruit like Bo Ryan?

I don't think anyone here has ever said that. Many have said- why can't Tubby coach and get the results like Bo Ryan. Or why can't Tubby find the guys that can play his system like Ryan or find the shooters like Ryan.

I don't think anyone here has ever said that. Many have said- why can't Tubby coach and get the results like Bo Ryan. Or why can't Tubby find the guys that can play his system like Ryan or find the shooters like Ryan.

I should of clarified better, but I was trying to say (and not saying its all the same people) but you'll open one thread that is, "Bo does something with nothing ... why can't Tubby!!?!?" Then the next thread is, "Tubby doesn't recruit good enough players like Bo does!" or it'll be, "I'd rather have a team full of hard working walk-ons" to "Why is Tubby getting all this crap talent!?!?"

All in all, no matter what happens ... there will ALWAYS be someone who is unhappy with Tubby. Didn't mean to imply it was the same person saying both things or anything.

Top Bottom