Dartmouth transfer Taurus Samuels will visit Gophers May 5-6

Ben doesn't strike me as a zone guy and did it last year under duress. Hard to imagine a lot of zone being plan A for him.
We have the athletes to play man. That's any coaches dream.

I understand we are likely done adding a true impact player, I wouldnt mind having a true big/veteran body down low just for the Kofi's/Williams of the world, if anything just to lean on them for a few minutes. I would take like a Konate type honestly, big, strong and can pull down a few rebounds in a small 3-5 min stretch. I think Payne will get there but as a freshman he isnt a fully finished body yet.
You can't go down to the Fiddler level though. Can't afford the fouls and turnovers in close games.

something to think about.

It was Johnson's first year as a Head Coach.

It's just possible that he learned a few things, and may just do some things differently in the future.

Like maybe using the bench more and managing minutes for the starters?

we expect (or demand) that players improve from one year to the next.

It's not unreasonable to expect that a young coach might improve as well.

experience is often the best teacher. I had a teacher tell me once that "you learn more in your first few months in a real job than you learn your entire time in school."
Using the bench more does not signify learning. It is having a bench to use. He would have loved to use the bench more last year but he had one guy sitting there. The rest were liabilities on the floor.

Using the bench more does not signify learning. It is having a bench to use. He would have loved to use the bench more last year but he had one guy sitting there. The rest were liabilities on the floor.
Players Ben chose were liabilities? So, it was Ben’s fault.

Top Bottom