Daniel Fa'alele

Mustang68

Reaction score
Is playing RG for the Ravens tonight vs Chiefs. Anyone know how long he's been at guard?

Bateman is really not helped by what the Ravens ran last night for offense with their average depth of throw. Add that to Jackson being off deeper down the field and quick to scramble and it wasn’t surprising to not see much action. He’ll of a catch to get down there though. No idea why you don’t spike it after that catch though and give yourself 3 good chances at the end zone rather than the 2 scrappy ones they ended up with

Bateman might not have gotten many throws but I did see him make some good blocks down field.
He also got called for offensive pass interference and an illegal formation (but he wasn't exactly the only Raven guilty of that).

He also got called for offensive pass interference and an illegal formation (but he wasn't exactly the only Raven guilty of that).
I think 6 total. New rule enforcement.

I also love the roughing the QB when a guy gets held and then blocked into the QB.

Last edited:

Bateman made a really nice catch late in the game. Hopefully he can work his way into more targets.
I would like to see Bateman in another offense. Jackson likes underneath routes. Flowers will excel as well as Andrews and Likely. Bateman just runs around in deeper routes, usually being ignored.

I think 6 total. New rule enforcement.

I also love the roughing the QB when a guy gets held and then blocked into the QB.
There might have been series where 3 out of 5 plays got that flag.

I would like to see Bateman in another offense. Jackson likes underneath routes. Flowers will excel as well as Andrews and Likely. Bateman just runs around in deeper routes, usually being ignored.
With how much Harbaugh likes to run, it would seem that the Ravens would excel at the play action deep pass. But they don't. Jackson drops back and if the underneath throw isn't immediately available, he darts around outside the pocket. Flowers fits the offense they run much better than Bateman, unfortunately.

Some people may like how "exciting" Jackson is, but I find him infuriating to watch.

With how much Harbaugh likes to run, it would seem that the Ravens would excel at the play action deep pass. But they don't. Jackson drops back and if the underneath throw isn't immediately available, he darts around outside the pocket. Flowers fits the offense they run much better than Bateman, unfortunately.

Some people may like how "exciting" Jackson is, but I find him infuriating to watch.
How he adjusts as he ages will be very interesting. You can’t take hits like he does forever, and eventually you start to lose a step. He’s exciting to watch but damn he’d be frustrating to coach and try make a gameplan for without suppressing what he does best or resorting to just him ad libbing everything (I’ll be surprised if they make it through the season like how he played last night)

Bateman should come back to the Gophers and use up his eligibility.

Bateman should come back to the Gophers and use up his eligibility.
That may be something that could happen in the years ahead. The NCAA has been told by the courts that they have virtually no ability to limit a players eligibility. Why should they not get to play just because they have played professional football?

That may be something that could happen in the years ahead. The NCAA has been told by the courts that they have virtually no ability to limit a players eligibility. Why should they not get to play just because they have played professional football?
I know, I was kind of half joking about it.

This. Bateman isn't fit for this offense. He can get open.....but Jackson doesn't throw the ball downfield.

Top Bottom