Dan Wetzel on Urban Meyer's recruiting...

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per his tweet: "Top recruits for Penn St, Mich St flip to Ohio St. I think Urban Meyer just introduced the B10 to the 21st Century. Welcome to the SEC North"

Go Gophers!!

And what does that mean?

When Urban was at Florida, I always considered the SEC to be the MAC South.

I hope that doesn't mean dirty recruiting. I'm not really sure what "dirty recruiting" means but I always hear SEC fans talk about how dirty the recruiting is in the SEC and they don't seem to enjoy it.

Who knows how "clean" these flips were, but they are huge for Ohio St. Se'Von Pittman (#81 overall, #8 DE, #3 player in OH) flips from MSU to OSU, and Tommy Schutt (#52 overall, #5 DT, #1 player in IL) flips from PSU to OSU. Both had official visits to OSU this last weekend (first and only official visits for each) and Urban worked his magic. I don't see any reason to think these were "dirty" in any way - Pittman is an Ohio boy who has long been looking for a reason to commit to his home school, and Schutt has been openly shopping for a new school since the Sandusky fiasco and subsequent Paterno firing. If you'll remember, Schutt wanted to commit to Notre Dame, but for whatever reason, Kelly and staff told him no. It seemed as though Penn St. was his placeholder until he found something better, and the OSU situation got a lot prettier to recruits with the Meyer hiring.

Top Bottom