Dan Hawkins fired at CU

Tricks

Reaction score
Reports have indicated that Dan Hawkins has been fired as the head coach at Colorado. It should be interesting to see what happens with two jobs now open

They claimed he was safe till the end of the year.

Btw, I have no proof of this yet. So take this with a grain of salt, it may or may not be completely true. I'm still a bit skeptical considering I heard it from a friend of mine.

I think there's a good chance that the Colorado job goes to Troy Calhoun, which would obviously take him out of the running for the Gopher job. I know he was on a lot of people's lists.

Hawkins did do a good job of making Boise State relevant in football. He built a solid foundation and Peterson built the house. You should see it! It's really nice!

I;m in Denver on business. They are saying on the local news that McCartney is interested in returning. That sounds like a reach to me.

I;m in Denver on business. They are saying on the local news that McCartney is interested in returning. That sounds like a reach to me.

The reality is that the CU athletic department is in rough shape financially and McCartney probably wouldn't ask for too much money and he has the support of the boosters.

Any word on which intramural team Hawkins will be coaching now?

The reality is that the CU athletic department is in rough shape financially and McCartney probably wouldn't ask for too much money and he has the support of the boosters.

Any word on which intramural team Hawkins will be coaching now?

What I have heard from several Colorado fans is that the athletic department there is in fact in the black. The athletic department doesn't get a ton of funding from the state. However, the reason that Hawkins wasn't fired last year was more political than financial. The state of Colorado was asking for cutbacks across the state, including from the University and the University didn't feel it would be a good political move when trying to stop cutbacks from the state last year at budget time to turn around and fire and hire a new football coach for millions of dollars. I am not saying this is fact but this is what I have read on some of their message boards.

Hawkins did do a good job of making Boise State relevant in football. He built a solid foundation and Peterson built the house. You should see it! It's really nice!

Boise State was playing for national championships long before Hawkins.

Wasn't Hawkins a can't miss choice for Colorado when they got him from Boise? Maybe this should be a warning to pick the right rising star.

That Loss to Kansas on Saturday was a meltdown of "Glen Mason"-like proportions.:clap:

Is Colorado the Big 12 equivalent of MN? No, because at least they have had some recent success, like the Co-National Championship in 1990.

Top Bottom