Dan Cole says Gophers win 10 games

Weisbrod

Banned
Reaction score
Couldn't tell if it was a "comedy" routine or if he was just sucking up because KFAN will broadcast Gophers games now. Either way, Minnesota will win at least seven games this season.

I'd attribute it to taking shots at the Gophers. It will take them a while to realize where there bread is buttered. If he is trying to suck up, he doesn't get it. We don't want them to have fake irrational predictions. We just want fair, informed coverage. I stopped listening when callers who wanted to talk about the Gophers were ridiculed.

Will we win 10 games? No.

But we will not finish last in our division, I will say that.

Biggest ego in the Twin Cities, bar none. That's the nicest thing I can say about him.

Biggest ego in the Twin Cities, bar none. That's the nicest thing I can say about him.

That ego gets deflated in a hurry if you bring up his failed morning show. Common is wrong. Gophs go 8-4 next year.

Seven or Eight wins seems realistic if there are no major injury issues and Gray lives up to his hype

I think he's looking for "2011 Most Preposterous Statement" contenders.

Nothing Common says is serious and you have to know that if you plan on listening or you will fall into his trap. If you take the approach nothing is serious he is kind of funny.

Rip away...

Common is hilarious. You just can't take anything he says seriously. If you don't get his bits, then you will hate his show. It's more comedy than sports talk but thats fine by me. You can turn on any sports channel or website or blog if you want real opinions. Take it for what its worth, laugh at what he says and you will enjoyhis show a lot more.

Nothing Common says is serious and you have to know that if you plan on listening or you will fall into his trap. If you take the approach nothing is serious he is kind of funny.

Rip away...

Yeah, I actually think Common is pretty funny and he takes himself less seriously than just about anyone in this market on talk radio. Anyone who takes anything he is saying serious is sort of missing the point.

Common is good in small doses.

I must not know the proper dose. I even find myself changing the station if I'm listening to AM 690 and Dan Cole comes on for a commercial. Different strokes for different folks, but he doesn't do anything for me personally.

I must not know the proper dose. I even find myself changing the station if I'm listening to AM 690 and Dan Cole comes on for a commercial. Different strokes for different folks, but he doesn't do anything for me personally.

For me it is usually a segment or two a week.

It shouldn't be about how many wins the Golden Gophers will get, but will the Golden Gophers get more wins that the Detroit Lions? That will align the Golden Gophers in Cole's "Commonwealth".

I'm surprised he didn't say the Gophs win "13, 14 games."

Top Bottom