Damnit #2 you had 1 job. The rule was no smiling.

In on this thread for the potential day-after story

Maybe he took an epic dump and it smiled back at him?

O.K. Last night I did not make it into Prince's Pajama Jam so I'm browsing the web when I get home.

The reason I took it down was that I thought the post title was inappropriate given the situation.

So here is the situation.

Posted below is a picture of the Eastern Michigan team. It appears that they told everyone to play it very seriously, but one guy, #2 (third row, third from the right) must not have gotten the message. It turns out that player is Demarius Reed. Last night he was shot in his apartment near campus in an apparent burglary attempt. He worked hard to get out of South Side Chicago, and would return to speak to kids about getting opportunities, staying out of gangs etc, and then that happens. Very sad story, so I viewed my "joke" post title as inappropriate when after I posted it, I learned more about the kid. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

gxDPIsy.jpg

And here is the last tweet he sent out. Terribly sad.

I don't think it's inappropriate, it's kind of cool that he's the only one smiling. What a terrible story though, I can only imagine what that family is going through, my thoughts and prayers with them.

Top Bottom