Dallas Morning News: Marion Barber III taken to hospital for ‘mental evaluation’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Thoughts are with the Barber family. Hoping everything turns out OK for him.

Per the Dallas Morning News:

Mansfield police confirm a TMZ report that former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber III was taken into custody Sunday night. But Thad Penkala, a spokesman for the department, says the 31-year-old was not arrested. Rather, says Penkala, Barber was “taken to a local hospital for mental evaluation.”

Penkala says officers were dispatched to a house on Moore Road around 8 p.m. Sunday. Public records show Barber maintains a residence on the block to which officers were called.

Says Penkala, officers “had contact with Mr. Barber and determined” he needed a hospital, not a jail cell.

“It’s one of those unfortunate situations,” says Penkala. “We get to those all the time: Officers determine this person may need help more than we can provide at the time, and that’s the best way to take care of it.”

Penkala says “it’s a medical issue right now,” and that Mansfield police are “out of it.” It remains unclear if Barber remains hospitalized.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...taken-to-hospital-for-mental-evaluation.html/

Go Gophers!!

Holy schidt, it's to the point that nothing surprises me anymore.

Wow...thoughts and prayers with MBIII. Will be interesting to hear what happened...just hope it isn't anything major.

So when do we get some real news regarding this?

I'm really quite surprised that another former NFL player is going through mental troubles and not one news outlet has jumped on the CTE train yet. I would have thought SportsCenter would be all in on this by now.

So when do we get some real news regarding this?

I'm really quite surprised that another former NFL player is going through mental troubles and not one news outlet has jumped on the CTE train yet. I would have thought SportsCenter would be all in on this by now.

I keep checking Deadspin because they've consistently been the outlet that seems to be hammering the NFL about their CTE cover-up/lack of action.

Top Bottom