Daily Selection, Games of Note & Big 10 in the RPI

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
To Date: 14-6 (70%)
Sunday's Result: FLORIDA STATE +2 Florida (W, Florida State 57-55)
Monday's Selection: TCU -2.5 Wichita State
Streak: W-2

Games of Note
Hawaii at Illinois (7 p.m., BTN)

Big Ten in the RPI (though Dec. 7)
7. Northwestern
15. Michigan
18. GOPHERS
20. Wisconsin
22. Illinois
27. Ohio State
29. Michigan State
78. Iowa
110. Penn State
128. Purdue
133. Indiana

Two Questions

Why in the world, wtih all the recruiting power and influence that Puke has, does Coach K not get a decent center? Is he perhaps poor at evaluating potential at the post? It seems like they have had some decent guys there that left early, or never reached their potential.

Why the railing on Ted Robinson? He is a good announcer, and got his start in our beloved Minnesota doing the between period studio work for the North Stars. It's like trashing one of our own. Lay off for one stupid comment. As a tennis guy, he probably takes "holding serve" as not a win. From the Pac 10 I've seen this year, they will need as many apologists as they can get. There is more defense at Howard Pulley Summer League than I've seen in the few games I have seen. The way K-State and Oregon played last night, Tubby would have burst a vessel in timeouts. Most atrocious d I've seen in a major college game in years.

I think you meant this to be posted under the Notebook, but here goes.

I agree Holy Man that Robinson is a good announcer, as are Pac 10 announcers and analysts as a whole. In my opinion, the Pac 10 (Robinson, Steve Physioc, Marques Johnson, Barry Tompkins) and Big East (Dave Sims, Bob Pecozzi, Bob Valvano, etc) have the best & most professional TV broadcast guys in the business. As a group they put ESPN & BTN announcers (other than Gus Johnson & Wayne Larravee) to shame. But I just couldn't let Robinson's statement fly.

Top Bottom