D-Day for Miami???

I think we've seen the last death penalty in college athletics. I think they originally thought it would just hurt the SMU program for 5-10 years.

I wouldn't wish the death penalty on the worst of the worst at this point. Massive sanctions for 2-3 years. That's plenty.

If PSU (Pedophile State University) didn't get the death penalty, no way does Miami. If PSU is any indication, the NCAA gives Miami two weeks detention which will be reduced to one week after a couple of days of good behavior.

It has been 5 years with nothing from the NCAA. Miami instituted a post season ban and recruiting restrictions. These were self imposed while they waited for the NCAA. The issue is Shapiro a Ponzi scheme felon and his spending money for access. He has been convicted and is serving time, and the NCAA has done nothing. Miami has asked for an expedited review, and after 5 years there is resentment in Coral Gables. It has become a galvanizing issue, it has united the team, and the fan base. The idea of us vs. them is full blown. Al Golden has masterfully crafted the team and players during this. This is not your father's U. This is a leaner, meaner, and a tighter group. The real kicker for them is the NCAA backtracked on the Sanctions at Penn State, and didn't give them the time of day. Quite honestly Miami could care less what the NCCA comes with and the NCAA knows that.

Flash......... Miami is bowl eligible and loses 3 scholarships a year for three years.

If PSU (Pedophile State University) didn't get the death penalty, no way does Miami. If PSU is any indication, the NCAA gives Miami two weeks detention which will be reduced to one week after a couple of days of good behavior.

Seldom I ever get to say this but I was right.

It has been 5 years with nothing from the NCAA. Miami instituted a post season ban and recruiting restrictions. These were self imposed while they waited for the NCAA. The issue is Shapiro a Ponzi scheme felon and his spending money for access. He has been convicted and is serving time, and the NCAA has done nothing. Miami has asked for an expedited review, and after 5 years there is resentment in Coral Gables. It has become a galvanizing issue, it has united the team, and the fan base. The idea of us vs. them is full blown. Al Golden has masterfully crafted the team and players during this. This is not your father's U. This is a leaner, meaner, and a tighter group. The real kicker for them is the NCAA backtracked on the Sanctions at Penn State, and didn't give them the time of day. Quite honestly Miami could care less what the NCCA comes with and the NCAA knows that.

Flash......... Miami is bowl eligible and loses 3 scholarships a year for three years.

"Miami has maintained that self-imposed penalties -- including the suspensions of more than a dozen athletes, restitution in some cases, two missed football bowl games and a missed trip to the Atlantic Coast Conference football title game last year -- should be enough to atone for whatever rules were broken."

Without subpoena power and the charges against the NCCA investigation that's about all they could expect isn't it? Though "resentment in Coral Gable" is a nice by product of the wait.

"Miami has maintained that self-imposed penalties -- including the suspensions of more than a dozen athletes, restitution in some cases, two missed football bowl games and a missed trip to the Atlantic Coast Conference football title game last year -- should be enough to atone for whatever rules were broken."

Without subpoena power and the charges against the NCCA investigation that's about all they could expect isn't it? Though "resentment in Coral Gable" is a nice by product of the wait.

It reminds me of an old joke: "Your honor, my client admits to dumping a dead body in the ditch, and is prepared to face the music on a charge of littering."

This is fair. Miami messed up big time and punished themselves for multiple years. No need for the NCAA to pile it on. I am actually
proud of the NCAA for once.

Top Bottom