Cut Murphy's PT for Curry

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Murphy can rebound, but I am not sure if he can do anything else. He doesn't look to pass on offense, and he can't exactly shoot, finish around the rim, or have much of a post-up game.

Curry has better size and more offensive versatility, which we really need. He obviously has his freshman moments, but Murphy's struggles warrant a PT cut.

Murphy played like he was high today. He was terrible.

What is Murphy's Assist/Turnover ratio?

16 assists 43 turnovers- awful.

He had a chance to get a big rebound late and he blocked Watkins out and then he never got in the air and Watkins grabbed it right over the top of him. That was a huge play.

Murphy reminds me of Ralph Sampson III mentally. It's like his mind is never in the game. Most of his turnovers are because he just mindlessly playing. If he could actually concentrate more, he'd be great.

How many times a game does Murphy go into the post with the ball, turn into a defender with the ball held low, and then either has the ball stolen or blocked?

How often do you see him throw the ball back outside after he touches it?

He is an absolute black hole on offense.

When Murphy had success last year they were getting it to him 4 feet from the basket. I think now, with Lynch in there Murphy is getting his action out farther and when he dribbles in- it's crowded in there and he can't get the job done because of his poor handle. He's lost.

When Murphy had success last year they were getting it to him 4 feet from the basket. I think now, with Lynch in there Murphy is getting his action out farther and when he dribbles in- it's crowded in there and he can't get the job done because of his poor handle. He's lost.

Lost, or is it sleep walking?

Agree, Curry is a better rebounder and defender, wish he wouldn't shoot so many threes, that's not his shot yet.

16 assists 43 turnovers- awful.

He had a chance to get a big rebound late and he blocked Watkins out and then he never got in the air and Watkins grabbed it right over the top of him. That was a huge play.

That was the play of the game. He grabs that rebound, we win the game, IMO.

Murphy reminds me of Ralph Sampson III mentally. It's like his mind is never in the game. Most of his turnovers are because he just mindlessly playing. If he could actually concentrate more, he'd be great.

Maybe mentally, but with less natural talent that RSIII

Agree, Curry is a better rebounder and defender, wish he wouldn't shoot so many threes, that's not his shot yet.

True, but Murphy takes 3's too. (That's the one thing he didn't do today.)

I would like to see Curry and Springs start next game for Murphy and Mcbrayer.

I think he is really struggling to adjust to not being "the guy". Last year he had to be a star player every night for the team to have a shot, now he is much more of a role player with the emergence of Coffey and Lynch. I agree with others that it might be good to give Curry a look in the starting lineup for a few games at least. Maybe coming off the bench would get Murphy's head right and accepting of his role on this years team.

Yup. I'd start Curry against Wisconsin.

Agree with earlier posts that his head is not in the game and also feel they are better with Curry on the floor, despite his freshman moments. Murphy has not developed a face-the-basket game.

Top Bottom