Curious about Devers

U2Gopher

Reaction score
He was impressive Thursday and really showed speed coming around the end. Will need to put on some weight going forward but I'm sure that is the plan.

What I was curious about was his abscence from the depth chart that was released given how much he played. Listed as backups at end were Jerry Gibson and R-Fr Winston DeLattiboudere. I didn't even notice WDL in the game. Did anyone else see him play??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think everybody needs to settle down on all the Devers hype. He may end up being all that, but he has played one collegiate game, got two sacks and everyone has him slated as the greatest lineman to ever play college football. The cart is already in front of the horse, lets just back up and watch his play unfold and hope he can be consistent in the long run.

I think everybody needs to settle down on all the Devers hype. He may end up being all that, but he has played one collegiate game, got two sacks and everyone has him slated as the greatest lineman to ever play college football. The cart is already in front of the horse, lets just back up and watch his play unfold and hope he can be consistent in the long run.

I get what you mean, but personally I'm gonna let some off the deep end optimism slide when we're already questioning if Claeys will be here at the start of next season.

I think everybody needs to settle down on all the Devers hype.

I guess I missed the hype in U2G's post. Not sure where "greatest ever" entered the pic.

The guy wasn't listed on the two-deeps. Showed some nice speed and picked up two sacks.

Seems like a pretty reasonable question......Did he surprise the coaches as much as everyone else?

He was impressive Thursday and really showed speed coming around the end. Will need to put on some weight going forward but I'm sure that is the plan.

What I was curious about was his abscence from the depth chart that was released given how much he played. Listed as backups at end were Jerry Gibson and R-Fr Winston DeLattiboudere. I didn't even notice WDL in the game. Did anyone else see him play??

WDL played quite a bit. I only saw Gibson on special teams, but he got banged up so that might be why. Kamal Martin played a lot in the speed rush position too.

I believe the plan going into the game was to play Devers as situational pass rusher only, thus the absence from the depth chart. If Ekpe or Elmore were to go down, I'm pretty sure you'd see Gibson or WDL starting.

Top Bottom