Cue all the raised floor haters....

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
After the Virginia Tech guy went flying and got hurt....

Man. He almost nailed that last 3 too! Gutty game by that kid. Better win for the Gophs despite poor shooting.

He moved well up the court with that arm and took a nice shot too. I think there was a little pitty pain involved.

He moved well up the court with that arm and took a nice shot too. I think there was a little pitty pain involved.
Could've just popped the shoulder back into place? It looked to me like it was out of place when he was walking to the sideline.

Love the raised floor. Here is a thought though: How about having at least a little padding on the ground? Padding would take some of the initial shock out of the fall. Won't solve all injury issues, but it sure couldn't hurt.

I love the raised floor too. It was hard to see how hard Green hit the ground from the TV. Anyone there at the game get a good look? Glad he is ok.

When the kid got hurt, I immediately thought of our friend G4L. He sure would have been up in arms about the raised floor possibly contributing to injury.

Go Gophers!!

just glad the crowd didn't do the wave while he was down . . .

When the kid got hurt, I immediately thought of our friend G4L.

Go Gophers!!

Same here Bleed. I thought of some sort of G4L intervention. I don't recall a falling off the floor injury that looked to be quite so potentially serious. Just serious enough to miss the last shot though. Hmmm!

IDK but the floor has been raised for how many decades? How many injuries have resulted? The soldier field grass is way more dangerous.

IDK but the floor has been raised for how many decades? How many injuries have resulted? The soldier field grass is way more dangerous.

+201

Life is dangerous. I love the raised floor and always will.

We should remind all the visiting players that injuries may occur if they fly off the side of the court!

I thought the same thing. On the bench you would have thought he was near death when the camera was on him. He goes back in the game and dribbles the ball up court and shoots the last shot as if nothing had happened.

Build a moat around the lip of the court filled with alligators and the players will become more aware of the edge. Or just import a bunch of the mcdonalds kid's ball pit infested with bacteria. Soft landing but the skin rash will keep the girls away.

Build a moat around the lip of the court filled with alligators and the players will become more aware of the edge. Or just import a bunch of the mcdonalds kid's ball pit infested with bacteria. Soft landing but the skin rash will keep the girls away.

I suppose you could put up a chicken wire fence around the court like the old days.

Looked to me like he could have avoided falling off the edge. I think he forgot it was there, looked like he almost pushed off while on the ground (what people do to try and play up a charge). Love everything about the barn except for the people who run it and Mr. and Mrs. sitonmyhands

To me (with the limited view of TV) his back may have landed on the step or the corner of the step - ouch.

...his back may have landed on the step or the corner of the step...

Yes. He hit his shoulder on the metal step under the basket. That really would hurt. Bet they pad those steps pretty soon. No "major" injuries in over 50 years but some on the Virginia Tech board are up in arms.

Yeah, when it happened and the TV angle showed the two little kids who mop up moisture, I knew that the step was next to them, and it appeared that's where he landed.

Top Bottom