Critical Race Theory

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy says I'm correct. So I win.

Actually, both your links say I'm correct, too.

The key thing being that capitalized vs non-capitalized are completely different terms. You either were too stupid to realize this (less likely) or you knew and were lying (more likely).

Either way, you fake deception was exposed, and I won.

golf

Reaction score
So what is critical race theory?

According to the American bar association, encyclopedia britannica, and kimberle crenshaw (a crt founder), crt is a call for activism that rises out of a systemically racist america. Biden dept of ed said they were going to give preferential funding for projects that have social justice themes and the nea said they encourage teaching of the 1619 project.

Yet with all this the left will deny crt is an activist movement and will deny they are pushing social justice themes in schools. Left thinks if they lie about crt presence in schools, conservatives will move on. Lying is no problem at all as we see as well with biden saying no crisis at the southern border,. saying afghanistan exit couldn't have been more successful, saying repub governor's aren't promoting the vaccine.

Conservatives have no problem teaching america's sins, just don't want teaching that present day america is systemically racist and don't want 1619 project taught. Nor do conservatives want social activism pushed in schools. Left will never agree to this because america is evil and must be brought to it's knees (pun intended).

Last edited:

kg21

Reaction score
According to the American bar association, encyclopedia britannica, and kimberle crenshaw (a crt founder), crt is a call for activism that rises out of a systemically racist america. Biden dept of ed said they were going to give preferential funding for projects that have social justice themes and the nea said they encourage teaching of the 1619 project.

Yet with all this the left will deny crt is an activist movement and will deny they are pushing social justice themes in schools. Left thinks if they lie about crt presence in schools, conservatives will move on. Lying is no problem at all as we see as well with biden saying no crisis at the southern border,. saying afghanistan exit couldn't have been more successful, saying repub governor's aren't promoting the vaccine.

Conservatives have no problem teaching america's sins, just don't want teaching that present day america is systemically racist and don't want 1619 project taught. Not do conservatives want social activism pushed in schools. Left will never agree to this because america is evil and must be brought to it's knees (pun intended).
What I find hilarious about the whole thing is this:

Let's say they can teach every white person in this country that they are systemically racist. That's the goal. So they reach this goal. 100%

Now what? The goal has been achieved, so no what? What happens next?

Nothing changes! Absolutely nothing!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Fake Rufo-ism is fake Rufo-ism.

That's the part about supposedly teaching white students that they are inherently racist. No such thing has anything to do with CRT.

kg21

Reaction score

That's the part about supposedly teaching white students that they are inherently racist. No such thing has anything to do with CRT.
Oh, so white supremacy is a myth then.

Thanks, Bud!

kg21

Reaction score

So you've declared it not to marxism/communism......it's not about teaching white supremacy.

This is where I always come to that magical question. What is it then?

That's when you have nothing.

golf

Reaction score
False.

T stands for theory. CRT is academic.

Activism is always its own thing, of people wanting to take action based off ideas.

False. See above post.

At any rate the issue is what is actually happening in schools. Conservatives don't want it taught in schools that america is systemically racist. Don't want 1619 project taught. Don't want social activism taught.

Perhaps schools in conservative districts should start promoting prolife and the primacy of personal responsibility rather than victimhood?

These divisive issues have no place in the k-12 classroom. Just going to make people mad.

golf

Reaction score
What I find hilarious about the whole thing is this:

Let's say they can teach every white person in this country that they are systemically racist. That's the goal. So they reach this goal. 100%

Now what? The goal has been achieved, so no what? What happens next?

Nothing changes! Absolutely nothing!

The idea is that white people need to do the difficult work of confronting their racism.
You r correct. This difficult work will never end.
Much money and power to be gained for the leftist elites as a result.

Personally, im not racist. The vast majority of people aren't racist. I particularly enjoy the video of black parents at school board meetings speaking forcefully against crt. All Uncle Toms I guess.

The other interesting thing is 70 - 80% of blacks are pro-voucher according to polls. Hard for me to go along with that the left has best interests of blacks in mind in light of this as well.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Zero argument. Attack the person. Pathetic.

I'll take the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy as the correct source. Which it is, since it objectively correctly points out that Critical Theory (capitalized) is not the same thing generally speaking as critical theories (uncapitalized).

You know it too. Just lying your ass off, trying to make a fake conflation.
Yes, it’s a total coincidence that marxists in the 30s created critical theory CAPS, and marxists 40 years later advanced the theory into several totally unrelated offshoots. It’s totes not Marxism says the Marxist. It’s just a benign legal theory you don’t need to worry about. And the chefs kiss is that critical theory is about emancipation. The ideology behind universal slavery is really about freedom!

golf

Reaction score
Yes, it’s a total coincidence that marxists in the 30s created critical theory CAPS, and marxists 40 years later advanced the theory into several totally unrelated offshoots. It’s totes not Marxism says the Marxist. It’s just a benign legal theory you don’t need to worry about. And the chefs kiss is that critical theory is about emancipation. The ideology behind universal slavery is really about freedom!

Yes, this is why it is so heartening to see parents rise up against this. Left counts on the right not engaging on issues like crt and the southern border. A battle not engaged is a battle lost.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yes, it’s a total coincidence that marxists in the 30s created critical theory CAPS, and marxists unrelated philosophers 40 years later advanced the theory into created several totally unrelated offshoots.
Fixed for actual truth, not fake lies you want to be true.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
False. See above post.
Nope. Nothing in that post proves that activism is a central component to any ideology.

Any ideology can have non-activist believers. It's merely a choice to then pursue action, or not.

Conservatives don't want it taught in schools that america is systemically racist.
It certainly was. Like when Blacks were specifically forbidden from purchasing suburban homes when they were being built. Just like slavery happened. Two equal facts.

And they will be taught. So suck on that.

golf

Reaction score
Nope. Nothing in that post proves that activism is a central component to any ideology.

Any ideology can have non-activist believers. It's merely a choice to then pursue action, or not.

It certainly was. Like when Blacks were specifically forbidden from purchasing suburban homes when they were being built. Just like slavery happened. Two equal facts.

And they will be taught. So suck on that.

OK, so you want to teach 1619 project, want to teach america is present day racist, and you want to encourage activism for these ideas.

What do you then say to the equal number of americans who would like to teach pro life and a life of personal responsibility without victimhood? Don't they have as much right as you to have their concerns met? Are we going to end up with some schools that teach your worldview and some others that teach mine? Wouldn't it be best to keep these issues out of schools such as we keep promoting certain religions out of school? Parents are asking nothing more than this.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
you want to teach 1619 project
Maybe some parts of it.

want to teach america is present day racist
Where there are factual, objective examples, certainly.

you want to encourage activism for these ideas.
Nope. That has nothing to do with anything.

Activism is a personal choice for each person. Myself, I'm not an activist. But I personally have a lot of sympathy for well organized, proper, and legal protesting/civil disobedience. Doesn't mean it needs to be encouraged in school curriculum.

What do you then say to the equal number of americans
Not equal number

like to teach pro life
This is taught in reproductive health, as an option, which is all that it is. Not like it's some objectively "correct" choice, just one of the available choices.

a life of personal responsibility without victimhood?
This is just silly make-believe.

Wouldn't it be best to keep these issues out of schools such as we keep promoting certain religions out of school?
History is not religion.

kg21

Reaction score
OK, so you want to teach 1619 project, want to teach america is present day racist, and you want to encourage activism for these ideas.

What do you then say to the equal number of americans who would like to teach pro life and a life of personal responsibility without victimhood? Don't they have as much right as you to have their concerns met? Are we going to end up with some schools that teach your worldview and some others that teach mine? Wouldn't it be best to keep these issues out of schools such as we keep promoting certain religions out of school? Parents are asking nothing more than this.
Why do schools have to teach of America's racism? It's 24/7 in the media. Racism is on the shows kids watch, on the news, in the pro sports leagues........it's everywhere.

Are they trying to make school more boring than it already is? I think the kids are away of the racism. If not, they have zero access to media. Is there one of those kids left?

What can they possibly be taught. Dunces like Mlps have no answer and never will. We get it. RACISM

golf

Reaction score
Maybe some parts of it.

Where there are factual, objective examples, certainly.

Nope. That has nothing to do with anything.

Activism is a personal choice for each person. Myself, I'm not an activist. But I personally have a lot of sympathy for well organized, proper, and legal protesting/civil disobedience. Doesn't mean it needs to be encouraged in school curriculum.

Not equal number

This is taught in reproductive health, as an option, which is all that it is. Not like it's some objectively "correct" choice, just one of the available choices.

This is just silly make-believe.

History is not religion.

Hmmm. Maybe we are not so far apart. Conservative parents want to hear there will be no promotion of social activism. (Social justice activism is encouraged in social studies standards of some states btw.). Conservative parents wouldn't mind 1619 being used supplementally a time or two a year, but want no part of reframing of american history as 1619 self proclaims. Will admit I am surprised that you aren't more strident in these areas. Kudos. Conservative parents would be much reassured if school boards would tell them 1619 project usage would be limited to a supplemental use once or twice a year and also social activism would not be presented or encouraged.

Sticking point in your post is the racist america part. Half the country thinks yes and half the country thinks no. I would be incensed if my kid came home and said he learned in any way that america is a racist country.

kg21

Reaction score
If they took politics out of the schools, there would be nothing left of today's schools.

stocker08

Reaction score
If they took politics out of the schools, there would be nothing left of today's schools.

Basic intelligence has a left leaning bias. That's why righties choose to be defiant and keep their collective IQs as low as possible. That'll show school.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Basic intelligence has a left leaning bias. That's why righties choose to be defiant and keep their collective IQs as low as possible. That'll show school.
A hallmark of being conservative, is the (desperate) need for the world to be (and to force it to be, if it clearly isn't) simple.

Simple minds need simple reality. They can't deal with complexity.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Half the country thinks yes and half the country thinks no.
Well of course you just made that up out of your ass.

I would be incensed if my kid came home and said he learned in any way that america is a racist country.
You'd be incensed that objective, factual examples were talked about in class? Silly

golf

Reaction score
Well of course you just made that up out of your ass.

You'd be incensed that objective, factual examples were talked about in class? Silly

I don't make things up
I don't want lies taught in school.

golf

Reaction score
What lies?

Objective facts are objective facts.

I am in the camp with black scholars steele, sowell, and williams. America isn't racist. Objective fact.

Liberals think america is racist. Conservatives think people who say america is racist use it for a crutch to promote victimhood. Why should the liberal view be promoted in schools and not the conservative view? Wouldn't it be better to just steer away from these issues in k-12?

Top Bottom