Critical Race Theory

howeda7

Reaction score
Voting ability should not be based on gender or race or religion, of course, but universal suffrage leads to the destruction of rights, not their preservation.
Who would you like to exclude from universal suffrage then?

kg21

Reaction score
How does it "protect" the Muslim religion any more than it does any other religion?
You say anything against it, you are fired, sir. Racist, any of the phobics would probably be in play, too.

Do that to the christian religion, and you may get promoted.

Oh, and stop playing dumb.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Not a single thing in the Tweet, highlighted or otherwise, explains any fathomed connection between Marxism and CRT.

It's beyond clear that those who hate CRT want desperately to tie the two together.

But they aren't at all connected.

Section2

Reaction score
Who would you like to exclude from universal suffrage then?
Pretty sure we’ve had this discussion a dozen times. Given that you bring up 12 year old convos on the regular, I’m sure you know. There are lots of acceptable alternatives. But the point isn’t to get agreement on a solution, it’s to point out to people that universal suffrage is a bad concept and doesn’t protect rights, it destroys them. If basic individual rights matter to you, eliminate voting rights from your vocab.

howeda7

Reaction score
Pretty sure we’ve had this discussion a dozen times. Given that you bring up 12 year old convos on the regular, I’m sure you know. There are lots of acceptable alternatives. But the point isn’t to get agreement on a solution, it’s to point out to people that universal suffrage is a bad concept and doesn’t protect rights, it destroys them. If basic individual rights matter to you, eliminate voting rights from your vocab.
That's quite a word salad to not answer the question. Give an example of who is no longer allowed to vote.

How does more people voting eliminate rights?

Section2

Reaction score
That's quite a word salad to not answer the question. Give an example of who is no longer allowed to vote.

How does more people voting eliminate rights?
You don’t recall me stating that net taxpayers are the only ones allowed to vote? That’s one idea. Want to live off the state? You don’t get to vote for more largesse.
My favorite book is The Law by Bastiat. Written 170 years ago in France. He said then, paraphrasing: as countries move to universal suffrage, politicians move from protecting property and individual rights to buying votes. Those who have been victims in the past of government injustice will seek to use the law to take part in it. Eventually, you have a country where everyone seeks to live off the state. Instead of the proper purpose of government to prevent injustice, it becomes the tool of injustice. Basically, everything he warned against you can see in the US today. Could even a hack like you deny the obvious truth of the above? I predict you won’t even consider or think.

Wally

Reaction score
Overthrow the government, sir! And damn, did they suck at it or what? No one could stop them, and yet a few short hours they were voting to certify the election.

I guess they were trying to overthrow the gov't, and with nothing in their way, they chose not too.

LMAO
So I can come over and shoot at you as long as I miss. No harm no foul.

Righty logic is impressive...
🤣🤣🤣

howeda7

Reaction score
You don’t recall me stating that net taxpayers are the only ones allowed to vote? That’s one idea. Want to live off the state? You don’t get to vote for more largesse.
My favorite book is The Law by Bastiat. Written 170 years ago in France. He said then, paraphrasing: as countries move to universal suffrage, politicians move from protecting property and individual rights to buying votes. Those who have been victims in the past of government injustice will seek to use the law to take part in it. Eventually, you have a country where everyone seeks to live off the state. Instead of the proper purpose of government to prevent injustice, it becomes the tool of injustice. Basically, everything he warned against you can see in the US today. Could even a hack like you deny the obvious truth of the above? I predict you won’t even consider or think.
Yes, I recall you wanting to ban "net takers" from voting. I don't recall you defining who that is beyond vague talking points. It would necessarily be arbitrary and disenfranchise a massive chunk of the population. It's a laughable and as half baked as your private roads idea.

There are ways to address the problems noted without banning 60% of the population from voting. Term limits. Bans on lobbying after serving. etc. If it was as dire as you claim, Dems would be routinely winning every election. Yet we continue to swing back and forth and 2022 will likely be another swing back to the right.

Section2

Reaction score
Yes, I recall you wanting to ban "net takers" from voting. I don't recall you defining who that is beyond vague talking points. It would necessarily be arbitrary and disenfranchise a massive chunk of the population. It's a laughable and as half baked as your private roads idea.

There are ways to address the problems noted without banning 60% of the population from voting. Term limits. Bans on lobbying after serving. etc. If it was as dire as you claim, Dems would be routinely winning every election. Yet we continue to swing back and forth and 2022 will likely be another swing back to the right.
I’m not proposing a plan to congress. I don’t need to work out every detail. I don’t see how it would be arbitrary. Are you paying taxes or are you on public assistance? Pretty straight forward.

Republicans are buying votes too. That’s why spending under Trump and Bush didn’t drop. You don’t think the situation is dire? Our debt and deficits no longer a problem?
Yes, in every respect our situation is dire.

howeda7

Reaction score
I’m not proposing a plan to congress. I don’t need to work out every detail. I don’t see how it would be arbitrary. Are you paying taxes or are you on public assistance? Pretty straight forward.
Is every retired person on Social Security banned from voting? Farmer's who receive government subsidies? Businesses that receive tax incentives? College students? How much do you have to pay in taxes to be allowed to vote?

It wouldn't remotely be straight-forward in the real world. Only in fantasy 2-land.

Republicans are buying votes too. That’s why spending under Trump and Bush didn’t drop. You don’t think the situation is dire? Our debt and deficits no longer a problem?
Yes, in every respect our situation is dire.
The debt and deficits are a problem. I would like real solutions offered to it. Your fantasy voter disenfrachisement plan isn't a real solution and is also very Unconstitutional.

kg21

Reaction score
So I can come over and shoot at you as long as I miss. No harm no foul.

Righty logic is impressive...
🤣🤣🤣
If you are certain race, you can not only do that, you can steal my stuff also. I don't know if you heard or not, but Dementia Guy and Spread Eagle were releasing people who did this left and right.

You see, when I look at what the lefties actually do, nothing seems really that serious. So I'd say no harm, no foul.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Our schools taught only christianity, sir! We were a christian nation.

Christianity was taught in schools. Do you have no understanding of our history?
We were never a Christian nation. The whole of the country had ethics that were based on the Bible. They were viewed as clear principles to drive daily actions. But, we have adopted situational ethics and relativism, which makes feelings the force that drives our actions. Such a methodology makes life meaningless and we now see the results of such a position. People are splintered because everything is meaningless when feelings are given absolute meaning.

kg21

Reaction score
We were never a Christian nation. The whole of the country had ethics that were based on the Bible. They were viewed as clear principles to drive daily actions. But, we have adopted situational ethics and relativism, which makes feelings the force that drives our actions. Such a methodology makes life meaningless and we now see the results of such a position. People are splintered because everything is meaningless when feelings are given absolute meaning.
Ever heard of the New England Primer?

Section2

Reaction score
Is every retired person on Social Security banned from voting? Farmer's who receive government subsidies? Businesses that receive tax incentives? College students? How much do you have to pay in taxes to be allowed to vote?

It wouldn't remotely be straight-forward in the real world. Only in fantasy 2-land.

The debt and deficits are a problem. I would like real solutions offered to it. Your fantasy voter disenfrachisement plan isn't a real solution and is also very Unconstitutional.
SS recipients: of course
Farmers: how much subsidies are they receiving? How much tax do they pay? If they are net beneficiaries, they lose their vote. Obvious result: farm subsidies go away. Win win.
college students: pretty simple again. Net payers or takers?
How is the above not straight forward? You are either in favor of the idea or you aren’t. There are problems with every single government program.
it is absolutely a real solution. You don’t think voter choices would change if only net taxpayers voted? Spending wouldn’t decline?

Don’t think I didn’t notice you ignored my explanation of why universal suffrage leads to loss of rights. I guess you had no comeback. A big improvement for you.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Ever heard of the New England Primer?
Of course. The Bible was a common book to use. It was the basis for teaching ethics. Was it used in Georgia and the mid-Atlantic States? If you know your Bible, you realize that the devil quotes from it. If you know history you know that deism was a philosophy of the elite while a whole slew of method-based groups developed from the poor masses where experience was prized over theology. Within this hodgepodge of groups you get cults like Mormons, Jehovah's Withness, 7th Day Adventist, Christian Scientist, etc, etc.
While the US is heavily influenced by the Bible, this does not make it a Christian nation.

kg21

Reaction score
Of course. The Bible was a common book to use. It was the basis for teaching ethics. Was it used in Georgia and the mid-Atlantic States? If you know your Bible, you realize that the devil quotes from it. If you know history you know that deism was a philosophy of the elite while a whole slew of method-based groups developed from the poor masses where experience was prized over theology. Within this hodgepodge of groups you get cults like Mormons, Jehovah's Withness, 7th Day Adventist, Christian Scientist, etc, etc.
While the US is heavily influenced by the Bible, this does not make it a Christian nation.
All kids sent to school and were taught with this, but not a christian nation.

Whatever floats anyone's boat.

Here's a copy.

OldBob53

Reaction score
I think we can all come together and agree that women are the problem. Their hyper emotional reasoning led society to its breaking point! Should have never gave them the right to vote. (or drive amirite?) /S
Takes balls to say something like that, I don't know about brains. Tip of the hat.

OldBob53

Reaction score
We were touching on religion here and there so Ill chime in. I believe in science, as far as were given to understand it and knowing some will seem silly 100 yrs hence.

There was a BIG BANG, thats what our keenest cosmologists all say. Round about 13.8 billion years ago give or take.. What caused the BIG BANG? Our keenest brightest geniuses seem to have no clue.

So I say God did it. Now what sect, what denomination, I don't care. I choose to believe in God Almighty. Of course I don't understand God Almighty and if you claim to, well maybes theres a lightning storm coming your way.

MennoSota

Reaction score
All kids sent to school and were taught with this, but not a christian nation.

Whatever floats anyone's boat.

Here's a copy.

Are you intentionally missing my point? People were living in a modernist world (not post modern like today). The Bible was a common book to read. It was the easiest book to have all classmates read. It also provided the values and ethics of the community. This, however, did not automatically make the society...Christian. Indeed, the history of the US shows that it has failed terribly from inception in upholding the values and ethics being taught.

MennoSota

Reaction score
You cluelessly miss the context. I do not deny that we live in a post-Christian world. We are moving toward communism where totalitarian regime will be the only means of governing humans since they have no values to actually hold as absolute.

It is not unsurprising that our society is moving toward chaos.

howeda7

Reaction score
SS recipients: of course
You're a "net taker" even if you paid into SS your whole life and now get the benefit? Good luck with that.

Farmers: how much subsidies are they receiving? How much tax do they pay? If they are net beneficiaries, they lose their vote.
To vote you need not only a current ID, but 5 year of tax returns and a year of bank statements and paycheck stubs. So clean. So simple. The poll workers will handle this easily.
Don’t think I didn’t notice you ignored my explanation of why universal suffrage leads to loss of rights. I guess you had no comeback. A big improvement for you.
You pointed out problems with our current government. You didn't show how they're caused by too many people voting. There are better solutions to solving some of them than this half-baked idea.

Top Bottom