Critical Race Theory

justthefacts

Reaction score
Republicans not only have no idea what their latest boogeyman actually means, they explicitly don't care:

Section2

Reaction score
I’ve seen many Democrats and leftists argue that teaching CRT is the same as teaching about the history of racism, which is false. So very few people on either side understand what CRT is.
It’s a purposefully vague term. Even Ibrahim Kendi struggles to define anti racism. These leftist ideological newspeak terms aren’t meant to be well understood by the public.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I’ve seen many Democrats and leftists argue that teaching CRT is the same as teaching about the history of racism, which is false. So very few people on either side understand what CRT is.
It’s a purposefully vague term. Even Ibrahim Kendi struggles to define anti racism. These leftist ideological newspeak terms aren’t meant to be well understood by the public.
It is nonsense, but the people against it are ill prepared to say why.

Gopherfan1000

Reaction score
If you're white you are privileged and are inherently racist. White people need to wake up and learn some damn respect for minorities! That's basically CRT, low key. It's racist in itself and only idiots and hypocrites would ever teach that message. Woke ASF Professors will definitely be teaching seminars on CRT.

Section2

Reaction score
It is nonsense, but the people against it are ill prepared to say why.
Which is a total failure on their part. Shouldn’t be hard for the party leadership to prep their members with talking points.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
It's simply racism and revenge against white people.

This thread can now be ended.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
While vague, it's not really hard to grasp. Basically, as I understand it, the theory is that inequities exist due to structural institutions and not individual racists. The problem is that so many people take conversations about race personally.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
If you're white you are privileged and are inherently racist. White people need to wake up and learn some damn respect for minorities! That's basically CRT, low key. It's racist in itself and only idiots and hypocrites would ever teach that message. Woke ASF Professors will definitely be teaching seminars on CRT.
What's so bad about learning about red lining? Seems like a worthwhile topic for a Civics class.

scools12

Reaction score
While vague, it's not really hard to grasp. Basically, as I understand it, the theory is that inequities exist due to structural institutions and not individual racists. The problem is that so many people take conversations about race personally.
When a theory accuses people of being racist simply based on the color of their skin it should be taken personally.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
When a theory accuses people of being racist simply based on the color of their skin it should be taken personally.
It also creates a situation of hopelessness (we cannot change our genetic makeup), which leaves no incentive to change, anyway. Unfortunately, the only people that are probably going to benefit from this are the ones teaching it/pushing it, as it enhances their wealth/power. For everyone else, it looks like a net negative.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Republicans not only have no idea what their latest boogeyman actually means, they explicitly don't care:
So I assume that you’re all for CRT. And the lefties here try to say that the radical left hasn’t influenced the alleged moderates.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
CRT isn't accusing anyone of being racist. In fact, it doesn't care if you're racist or not.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
It also creates a situation of hopelessness (we cannot change our genetic makeup), which leaves no incentive to change, anyway. Unfortunately, the only people that are probably going to benefit from this are the ones teaching it/pushing it, as it enhances their wealth/power. For everyone else, it looks like a net negative.
That's really not what CRT is.

Section2

Reaction score
That is not a good summation of what CRT is. I think most would agree that inequality is a product of institutions, but we would definitely disagree on which ones and why. To most well meaning progressives like you, CRT seems like kind of a benign justice platform. But learn a bit about its history and why it was developed and you might have a different take. It is a literal marxist strategy. I know Marxism and communism get thrown around a lot, but this one is indisputable.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If you can claim some capital is invalid, all can be invalid.

Section2

Reaction score
So I assume that you’re all for CRT. And the lefties here try to say that the radical left hasn’t influenced the alleged moderates.
JTF won’t publish his own thoughts. This was just a cheap opportunity to dunk on Republicans.

STPGopher

Reaction score
We may actually agree. I'd have to hear more.

This leads to a question which has been raised before, but not answered. Why are we at this point?

Section2

Reaction score

Timely! This garbage is everywhere in our institutions. The damn has burst. A few states blocking its teaching is too little too late. Our institutions are all gone. Let them fold and build new ones to replace the corrupt and rotting corpses.

Section2

Reaction score

This leads to a question which has been raised before, but not answered. Why are we at this point?
Because marxists have been playing the long game for over 100 years, starting with a takeover of our education system.

scools12

Reaction score
CRT isn't accusing anyone of being racist. In fact, it doesn't care if you're racist or not.
When a theory tells people they’re either oppressed or an oppressor based on the color of their skin it most certainly is making accusations of racism.

Section2

Reaction score
It's your take, so there is that. There is also suppression or lies that have been spewed for a very long time.

One of many examples...https://www.facingsouth.org/2019/04...nfederate-propaganda-ended-souths-schoolbooks
I don’t believe the current cookie cutter version of the civil war. It’s much more complex.

regardless, what you linked has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Southern school books are not more important than our Universities, particularly the Ivys that churn out most of our CEOs, lawyers, politicians, and leaders.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

We are at this point because there has been injustice. Serious injustice.
It’s the human condition. We strive to to better, and I think we have done better. The arc of history almost always bends toward justice.
This, in my opinion is grift. I joined the service, went to college on the GI bill, and saved to buy a house and build a family. This path is not available only to white people, it’s there for everyone. My life is easier in many ways because of my color, but the idea that I have inter generational wealth or better access to public accommodations isn’t true.
Where barriers exist, break them down. But don’t deal with blood libel.

GopherJake

Reaction score
We are at this point because there has been injustice. Serious injustice.
It’s the human condition. We strive to to better, and I think we have done better. The arc of history almost always bends toward justice.
This, in my opinion is grift. I joined the service, went to college on the GI bill, and saved to buy a house and build a family. This path is not available only to white people, it’s there for everyone. My life is easier in many ways because of my color, but the idea that I have inter generational wealth or better access to public accommodations isn’t true.
Where barriers exist, break them down. But don’t deal with blood libel.
Thanks for your service to the country.

Top Bottom