Crime Soars in Liberal Cities that Voted to Defund the Police

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
More guns would have helped
Without question. More people legally carrying would most definitely help and deter some of these stupid activities. I know a number of LV Metro and State Highway Patrol and I've never met ONE who didn't say they want as many guns in the hands of the good guys as possible. Nothing emboldens criminals more than knowing they are the only ones armed.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
More guns would have helped
I am all for getting rid of guns. I don’t own a gun I will never own a gun. But until you can guaranty me that all the illegal guns are removed before the legally owned guns there is no conversation to be had on gun legislation.

Wally

Reaction score
Without question. More people legally carrying would most definitely help and deter some of these stupid activities. I know a number of LV Metro and State Highway Patrol and I've never met ONE who didn't say they want as many guns in the hands of the good guys as possible. Nothing emboldens criminals more than knowing they are the only ones armed.
Help a shootout in a bar?
I support the right to bear arms but there would have probably been more dead bodies in this case.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Why does one anecdote prove anything about society?

There have been examples of awful people forever.
When you were a child and had some free time did you think about hey I think I’ll go steal a car just for fun. I would guess the answer is no. These crimes are senseless and people are getting hurt yet they feel no remorse for anything.

There are no boundaries anymore for anyone. Everyone is emboldened by social media to try and one up everyone else including being a criminal. shit I was terrified of my parents when I got bad grades in school. I can’t imagine the ramifications if I was caught car jacking people.

Blizzard

Reaction score
When are we going to lay the blame where it rightly lies? With black people, with black culture.

GopherNE

Reaction score
I am all for getting rid of guns. I don’t own a gun I will never own a gun. But until you can guaranty me that all the illegal guns are removed before the legally owned guns there is no conversation to be had on gun legislation.
I understand this perspective. It is my opinion that the times where carrying a gun has been successful in preventing malicious action is miniscule, it is a rounding error. I have no data, and I'm sure people can/will link dozens of articles with anecdotes, but it wouldn't change my opinion. My perspective is that an increase in quantity of guns causes a linear increase in risk of danger/accidents. It is an arms race. Those that carry have bought into a culture of fear and protection and it affects their perception of situations that would never be life-threatening.

By the way I am all for guns as a hobby. Fun to make things go boom. Just don't get the macho attitude that pervades the culture with people dreaming up scenarios in which they get to use their gun.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When you were a child and had some free time did you think about hey I think I’ll go steal a car just for fun. I would guess the answer is no. These crimes are senseless and people are getting hurt yet they feel no remorse for anything.
There were senseless people stealing things for fun back when you grew up. Silly to claim otherwise.

There are no boundaries anymore for anyone.
It's no different.

Everyone is emboldened by social media to try and one up everyone else including being a criminal.
Social media isn't causing a person to become a violent thief, any more than a kid playing Grand Theft Auto (video game) causes it.

shit I was terrified of my parents when I got bad grades in school. I can’t imagine the ramifications if I was caught car jacking people.
Now, just like back when you were growing up, the kids doing this don't have strong parents like you had.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
with black culture.
What is Black culture, who defines/controls it, and what specific component of the culture causes a kid to become a violent criminal any more than a white kid playing Grand Theft Auto (video game)?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
There were senseless people stealing things for fun back when you grew up. Silly to claim otherwise.

It's no different.

Social media isn't causing a person to become a violent thief, any more than a kid playing Grand Theft Auto (video game) causes it.

Now, just like back when you were growing up, the kids doing this don't have strong parents like you had.
David’ is 14 Years Old

Sargent:
“What drew you to it?”

‘David’: “The game. GTA.”

GTA is the longstanding, popular video game, Grand Theft Auto.

‘David’: “If you don’t got a car on there, you can just take the car from people. It looked fun. I wanted to do it.”

This is directly from the article and one of the criminals. He got into car thefts cause of grand theft auto.

Wally

Reaction score
Car jackers should get an immediate bullet to the head from their victim.

kg21

Reaction score
What is Black culture, who defines/controls it, and what specific component of the culture causes a kid to become a violent criminal any more than a white kid playing Grand Theft Auto (video game)?
No Fathers?

kg21

Reaction score
Car jackers should get an immediate bullet to the head from their victim.
Car jackers, shop lifters, etc. should just do it and smile as they walk away.

Oh, wait!

Oh, and the bit is now not in favor of people dying. You are a racist, sir!

Wally

Reaction score
Car jackers, shop lifters, etc. should just do it and smile as they walk away.

Oh, wait!

Oh, and the bit is now not in favor of people dying. You are a racist, sir!
Incoherent as usual...

kg21

Reaction score
Incoherent as usual...
Damn, I was expecting the usual like and you move on.

If you shoot them, that thins the population. Are you not in bit mode now?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Nope.

Already proven that video games don't cause anything. It was already there, and he (the kid) just used it as a lazy excuse.
Proven by who? This criminal literally said that’s why he was doing it. Do you know him personally and know that it’s a lazy excuse? Otherwise it his own reason for being a carjacker.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This criminal literally said that’s why he was doing it.
So??? Anyone can say anything they want.

"Your honor ... the defendant was playing a video game, and he says that the video game made him go commit the crime, you see. So he's innocent."

"Oh!! Well, case dismissed!"

:sneaky:

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
So??? Anyone can say anything they want.

"Your honor ... the defendant was playing a video game, and he says that the video game made him go commit the crime, you see. So he's innocent."

"Oh!! Well, case dismissed!"

:sneaky:
A. This is not a court of law it was a news interview.

B. You are calling the person a liar even though he said he started jacking cars cause of the video game. so, unless you know for a fact that he didn’t start jacking cars cause of GTA you don’t know.

C. Defense lawyers claim all types of crazy things as it’s their job to try to get their dependent off or at a reduced charge.

D. Some news article from 2020 using studies from 2008 to 2011 does not prove that things don’t change. Also who’s to say in this specific case this person was not influenced by video games, especially cause he said he was.

anyway that’s enough arguing so have a good evening.

Top Bottom