Crime Soars in Liberal Cities that Voted to Defund the Police

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Just curious....what percentage of cops sign up for the “ability to physically harass and assault people of color for no good reason”?
That's the historical founding of police. It was literally started as a troupe to round up escaped slaves.

So isn't the correct answer "all of them", in some sense?

Spoofin

Reaction score
So enabling violence and defunding the police (no one really meant ‘defund’) doesn’t seem to be working so well in Portland. 🤷‍♂️ Great liberal policies!!

But hey, it is a 25-hour drive to this American city so we should probably just make jokes about it and talk about what Tucker said last night. Important stuff.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
So enabling violence and defunding the police (no one really meant ‘defund’) doesn’t seem to be working so well in Portland. 🤷‍♂️ Great liberal policies!!

But hey, it is a 25-hour drive to this American city so we should probably just make jokes about it and talk about what Tucker said last night. Important stuff.

Have the Portland police been defunded or are they just bad at their jobs. It’s the big right wing myth that the police have been defunded.

stocker08

Reaction score
Have the Portland police been defunded or are they just bad at their jobs. It’s the big right wing myth that the police have been defunded.

One that they keep pushing along with the stolen election. Just another Q talking point.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Spoofin

Reaction score
One that they keep pushing along with the stolen election. Just another Q talking point.
This type of exchange is exactly why I put both of you dishonest hacks on ignore. I've gotten better at not hitting "show ignored content", but I need to improve more. That is on me.

Either one of you could have simply clicked on the link - but no need, CNN has already told you your narrative. Facts and accuracy be damned!!! Just in case you are actually interested in learning about this "myth", rather than being an ignorant sheep, here are some parts from the article I posted...

Portland slashed its police budget by $16 million last year

Private armed security outfits have been hired to patrol a popular section of Portland known for its bars and nightlife after the city slashed police funding and saw a year of violence in the area.

At least three private security firms employ armed guards to hit the streets to keep the peace as police officers grapple with crimes after their department was slashed by $16 million last year.

Amid the rioting and protests, the city voted to slash its police budget, which included stripping Portland of its Central Precinct Entertainment Detail.
Nine officers used to be assigned to Portland’s nightlife scene, but now, only two officers patrol the area.

Also, so you can continue to make an ass of yourselves by telling jokes and downplaying violence in this American city, I'll add this quote from the story:

Portland saw 100 consecutive nights of riots and protests last year following the death of George Floyd. The cleaning and repair bills for federal buildings alone stood at over $2 million, while officials estimated $23 million in damages and lost business in downtown Portland when riots hit a fever pitch.

stocker08

Reaction score
This type of exchange is exactly why I put both of you dishonest hacks on ignore. I've gotten better at not hitting "show ignored content", but I need to improve more. That is on me.

Either one of you could have simply clicked on the link - but no need, CNN has already told you your narrative. Facts and accuracy be damned!!! Just in case you are actually interested in learning about this "myth", rather than being an ignorant sheep, here are some parts from the article I posted...

Portland slashed its police budget by $16 million last year

Private armed security outfits have been hired to patrol a popular section of Portland known for its bars and nightlife after the city slashed police funding and saw a year of violence in the area.

At least three private security firms employ armed guards to hit the streets to keep the peace as police officers grapple with crimes after their department was slashed by $16 million last year.

Amid the rioting and protests, the city voted to slash its police budget, which included stripping Portland of its Central Precinct Entertainment Detail.
Nine officers used to be assigned to Portland’s nightlife scene, but now, only two officers patrol the area.

Also, so you can continue to make an ass of yourselves by telling jokes and downplaying violence in this American city, I'll add this quote from the story:

Portland saw 100 consecutive nights of riots and protests last year following the death of George Floyd. The cleaning and repair bills for federal buildings alone stood at over $2 million, while officials estimated $23 million in damages and lost business in downtown Portland when riots hit a fever pitch.

Lots of cities have had to make budget cuts. Portland's police budget is still about $230 million dollars. So this lazy right wing talking point about "DEFUNDING THE POLICE" is just that. Lazy.

Police departments across the country have not been "defunded". Just a narrative pushed by triggered and emotional right wingers. Many of which went off the deep end this past November. Just like you spoof. Trump election loss was the motivating factor that caused you to begin spending the day freaking out on the OTB about the left.

You should bump the Texas Democrat thread while you are on your wacko righty rounds. Tell us about how they are wasting a bunch of taxpayer dollars. Just be sure to steer clear of the fraudit threads. Wouldn't want you to have to explain the initial 150k of taxpayer dollars wasted there.....or the fact that it's likely to cost several million to replace the voting machines. Nah....that's all good waste.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Lots of cities have had to make budget cuts. Portland's police budget is still about $230 million dollars. So this lazy right wing talking point about "DEFUNDING THE POLICE" is just that. Lazy.

Police departments across the country have not been "defunded". Just a narrative pushed by triggered and emotional right wingers.
This might be my favorite post of all time.
"Police departments have not been defunded. That is a myth. Police departments around the Country have just been forced to cut their budget."​

I'm guessing you didn't spend a lot of time in the front of the classroom. Holy Crap. 🤣🤣🤣

Back to barking at the moon for you......

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
This type of exchange is exactly why I put both of you dishonest hacks on ignore. I've gotten better at not hitting "show ignored content",

There goes Spoof with the most broken promise on the internet.

Right wing nut jobs have no self control and are not very smart. If you are going to keep obsessively checking and quoting ignored content aren't you just making your life more difficult. Lmao.

The snowflakes always run and hide back in the echo chamber only to reveal themselves as their self control wanes.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
"Police departments have not been defunded. That is a myth. Police departments around the Country have just been forced to cut their budget."​

I'm guessing you didn't spend a lot of time in the front of the classroom. Holy Crap. 🤣🤣🤣

Still replying to people he ignores. It's confirmed. You're really bad at everything you set out to do. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stocker08

Reaction score

I'm guessing that you are using the Q dictionary. The definition of "defund" is as follows: prevent from continuing to receive funds.

No police departments were "defunded". Just a nice catch phrase for team Trump to throw out to the other mental defectives.

Don't be angry that even the folks that were giving you the benefit of the doubt are now realizing that you are a huge hack. Shouldn't have taken them this long to know that you parrot the majority of the right wing talking points.....right along with the wackos still pushing the stolen election claim.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you are using the Q dictionary. The definition of "defund" is as follows: prevent from continuing to receive funds.

No police departments were "defunded". Just a nice catch phrase for team Trump to throw out to the other mental defectives.

Don't be angry that even the folks that were giving you the benefit of the doubt are now realizing that you are a huge hack. Shouldn't have taken them this long to know that you parrot the majority of the right wing talking points.....right along with the wackos still pushing the stolen election claim.

it’s why he puts people like you on ignore. You know the difference between the words “budget cuts” and “defund”. Spoof isn’t very bright and he forgets this occasionally. That’s why he comes back from the echo chamber from time to time.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The leftists couldn’t ever be bothered with getting her name right.

This is who these people are. No matter the situation if it can’t be used in a way that is politically advantageous for them the leftists simply don’t care

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lightfoot-botches-chicago-officer-ella-french-name
Dude. Chicago is like a 6-hour drive from here. We shouldn't be caring about violence in that city. We should be downplaying it and making jokes about it.

scools12

Reaction score
Dude. Chicago is like a 6-hour drive from here. We shouldn't be caring about violence in that city. We should be downplaying it and making jokes about it.
You’re right.

Need to get back to what really matters. What did Tucker Carlson say last night.

stocker08

Reaction score
it’s why he puts people like you on ignore. You know the difference between the words “budget cuts” and “defund”. Spoof isn’t very bright and he forgets this occasionally. That’s why he comes back from the echo chamber from time to time.

Spoof doesn't like to be called out. He fancies himself as a moderate....but anyone with an ounce of reason can see where he is. Mega shill.

Wally

Reaction score
Dude. We don't care about violence in N Minneapolis. Chicago is really stretching.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
No one meant “defund” when they said “defund the police”.

Wait. You mean we haven’t defunded the police yet?

I mean the whole point of this thread has been that crime is rising because police have already been defunded. Now your telling me they haven’t even voted on it?

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
Why did crime go up? Are we able to look at data to determine who and where the crimes are being committed?

Wally

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m glad you find that all so funny. Why should we care - it is like a 25-hour drive from here.
What exactly do you want me to do about a local situation in Portland?

I am a states rights guy on the issue of local law enforcement. I don't want the Feds patrolling my streets.🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm open to suggestions.

USAF

Reaction score
Wait. You mean we haven’t defunded the police yet?

I mean the whole point of this thread has been that crime is rising because police have already been defunded. Now your telling me they haven’t even voted on it?
Spoof seems to have missed this post.

Odd.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Why do I feel like our very own lonely in Austin Bob had a hand in crafting this letter to the STrib published today:

Minneapolis voters will be offered a chance to amend their city charter on Nov. 2 to end the Minneapolis Police Department, creating a new Minneapolis Department of Public Safety instead.

Most importantly, according to reports, the charter would no longer require funding a minimum number of officers in Minneapolis — at least 1.7 employees per 1,000 residents.

Important reforms have followed George Floyd's unconscionable killing in May 2020, including bans on chokeholds across the country and requirements that police render aid.

But some activists have used Floyd's death to pursue a more radical agenda, which has fallen under the umbrella term, "Defund the Police." Initially that term was a rallying cry. Now, it is seen as an extreme idea, with even national Democrats in Washington decrying its use.

But the words are not the problem. The policy is the problem.

As Minneapolis voters consider whether to vote "Yes" or "No" on their charter amendment, perhaps my hometown — Austin, Texas — can serve as a cautionary tale.

In August 2020, our mayor and City Council voted 11-0 to cut up to one-third of the police budget ($150 million out of a $450 million budget). They immediately cut $20 million and gave themselves the authority to move the rest of the $130 million to any program they wished. They've moved at least $65 million so far.

While it is undeniable that some funding went to good purposes like domestic abuse prevention, the deeper consequences of this policy shift have been dramatic.

Two years ago our police department had around 1,800 officers active. Today we are under 1,600. One of the fastest growing major cities in the U.S., Austin's population is just under 1 million.

According to our police department, 96% of scheduled shifts are no longer fully staffed. We are losing around 20 officers a month to retirement and attrition, and we will not have another graduated cadet class until next spring.

Currently we have the same number of officers Austin had in 2008, when it was 45% as large a city as it is today. By the end of the year, we will approach the staffing levels of 1998 (when Austin was 25% as large).

The consequence of this staffing crisis — which has caused priority one 911 call response times to jump 20% since January — is a violent crime wave unlike anything Austin has ever seen.

Last year Austin set an all-time record with 48 homicides. We are currently at 52 homicides with four and a half months left in the year. Aggravated assault, robbery, battery, stabbings, rapes and arson are all up at least 20% year over year.

In Austin, a group of concerned citizens began to rise up two years ago and to push back against extreme policies at City Hall.

It began with an effort to reinstate the public camping ban, which was in place for 23 years and had a 93% voluntary compliance record according to the Austin Police Association.

On May 1, we passed Prop B, with 58% of voters concluding that unregulated public camping was bad for the residents and the homeless.

For context, our homeless population roughly tripled in the two years that unregulated camping was in effect.

Now, after collecting nearly 28,000 signed petitions in 55 days, Save Austin Now PAC has successfully put another ordinance on the Nov. 2 ballot.

Our #MakeAustinSafe ordinance ensures adequate police staffing (two police officers per 1,000 residents plus a minimum of 35% community engagement time for eligible officers), doubles continuing police training (from 40 hours annually to 80 hours) and enacts other important police reforms.

Every city is different. Austin and Minneapolis voters face different choices in November. Minneapolis will open the door to #DefundThePolice if its measure passes. Austin will become the first city to overturn #DefundThePolice if our ordinance wins approval.

I believe Minneapolis can learn from Austin's experience and avoid the mistake we are now trying to correct.

Matt Mackowiak is co-founder of Save Austin Now PAC.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
We were at 1800, now we're all the way down to 1600 !!! Whooooaaaaaaaa!!!!

That's a full 200 who can't pull over Blacks who weren't doing anything to anybody and harass them on a daily basis!

Top Bottom