Credit to Weber is due...

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Especially from those of us who have groused about him. Today the offense,defense, and kicking game all came together. A really impressive final drive and, finally, a win in November. Let's get one more.

The emotion obvious on coaches' and players' faces reminds me a bit of the last-minute 23-21 win over Wisconsin in Murray Warmath's final game at the end of the 1971 season. Craig Curry was the QB who earned the same credit in that game that Adam Weber did today. I was hoping to be able to state that Adam's father Bobby was a member of that 1971 team, but he didn't show up until 1974.

Adam Weber played pretty well today. His receivers let him down a couple times and they bailed him out a couple times, but he deserves credit.

I'm still in the Gray camp, but Weber was very good today. I salute him. A very nice "late in the career win." Loved the smile on his face at the end!

This reminds me of when a kid who always gets in trouble and never turns his homework in finally turns one assignment and everyone pats him on his back like he is the greatest kid in the world. Weber is still Weber aka the kid who lets everyone down game after game.

This reminds me of when a kid who always gets in trouble and never turns his homework in finally turns one assignment and everyone pats him on his back like he is the greatest kid in the world. Weber is still Weber aka the kid who lets everyone down game after game.

Thanks for raining on the parade:mad:

.....But Adam Weber has obviously turned in his homework. He's working on a graduate degree. I've piled on him as much as anybody, but he'll be successful in life.

Weber threw the ball very well today. His receivers had way too many drops or the game would not have been this close. Hopefully he can get one more win and leave the Gophs in a good note and remembered more for the good than the bad. And finally bring a trophy back to the U in his career.

That long run by Weber was easily one of my favorite plays of the game today.

I have no problem giving him a well deserved atta boy for todays performance. Good job Adam, nice game, no interceptions, you played well.

Meh, he still sucks. He threw a number of ground balls and he had NO business throwing deep balls down the sideline into the wind that could have easily been picked off a number of times.

Luck more than anything.

I'll be very happy when I never have to watch him throw another ground ball.

I am not a big Weber fan, but thought he played well today. He also had a couple drops that hurn the numbers too.

Top Bottom