Coyle loves Scott Frost

at the bar

Reaction score
Coyle's first choice at Syracuse was Scott Frost but they couldn't agree on contract buyout terms because Frost looked at Cuse as a stepping stone job with an eye on Oregon or Nebraska if those jobs opened up later. Frost may be willing to come to MN for a B10 job.

At Syracuse in Coyle's last FB job search, there was 'leaked' info that Coyle was negotiating with Chris Ash. The Syracuse football message board and boosters went crazy saying they didn't want Ash. Coyle very quickly moved onto Dino Babers with the booster's support. Don't be surprised if a name is 'leaked' before a hire to see how the Gopher fans/big boosters would support him.

I'd be fine with Frost. Pretty decent credentials and head coaching experience.

Somehow I almost forgot about Frost. I'd love Frost. Even though he's only been a head coach 1 year, he turned a no win team into a bowl team.

Where is the coach at now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UCF. First year there, took them to a 6-7 bowl record with a bowl loss. UCF was 0-12 last year before he got there.

Before UCF he was OC and WR coach at Oregon under Helfrich and Kelly.

Hmm, while nowhere near as splashy as Fleck, Schiano, or Miles he is intriguing.

I'd probably rather have Bohl from Wyoming before Frost, Fleck though is my #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like a Frost hire but I just don't see it happening.

Systems are totally different and frankly don't play well to our strengths here in regards to conference, weather, and local recruits. He'd have to do a lot of heavy lifting for NSD to get the kind of speed he'd need to run things well here - way easier to do in Florida.

In addition, its no secret the guy would love to run Nike U or his alma mater, don't see a job at a mid tier B1G team helping him achieve those goals.

I'd rather have him then Fleck or most of the other names out there, but only if we can't get Sumlin or Miles.

I'd be on board with Scott Frost. Midwestern guy, national champion, big improvement at UCF, and unlike Randy Sanders, he doesn't look like a Trump voter.

Doogie was adamant that PJ Fleck wants this job. He also said a source stating Coyle was either there or going there today.

I swear I saw Doogie on TV saying he wasn't sure about PJ wanting it last night.

Doogie is like my wife, he says everything... then he can always be right.

I swear I saw Doogie on TV saying he wasn't sure about PJ wanting it last night.

Doogie is like my wife, he says everything... then he can always be right.

Wait a minute, my wife is married to a second guy?

Top Bottom