Courtside with Carlie Wagner

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/012517aad.html

Coach Stollings has talked about wanting you to work on making reads. How do you feel you have been doing improving in that area?
I think I’ve definitely improved from the beginning of the season until now. I think it’s just slowed down for me and I’m starting to see reads better than I was earlier. It’s just coming more natural now that I’ve gotten more repetition in.

How do you work on that? Does watching film and studying plays help, or is it mostly that repetition that does it?
Most of it’s just game speed. Going up against scout guys or whoever I can get in the gym with me. Going game speed, fast. That’s the only way you’re going to get to see these reads.

The team has played its best at home this season. How big is this game against a ranked Ohio State team at Williams Arena?
It’s huge. Ohio State’s a great team and it’s fun to have a team like that come into our house and get a chance to play them for a second time after losing the first time. We’ve had success with them in years past on this court, so we’ve got to keep the tradition up and keep winning on our court

Top Bottom