could / should this team be ranked

jrb27

Reaction score
As of right now when I open the paper Monday morning will Minnesota be sitting at #24/25 there. Was only one team lose #19 but Boise St didn't impress much

Let's not get carried away, the level of competition hasn't been that high. I'm loving what I'm seeing though.

We will have some votes

That is what I see happening too, but not top 25 yet.

I don't actually care whether or not we are ranked yet, all I care is that I made my first internet bet in Vegas with Minnesota +3 and won $200.

No way should we be ranked. Who have we played the first 4 games, we beat UNLV, UNH, Western Michigan and Syracuse, all 4 teams are horrible football teams. Let have this talk when we beat Iowa and Northwestern, then we should be ranked.

Should get some votes, should not be ranked. 4-0 is great but this is not a top 25 squad yet. That being said the defense keeps this up all year and the offense figures some things out we could end up ranked at some point in the near future. But we are not there yet.

We do not deserve to be ranked. No way this team is one of the 25 best in the country.

There is a chance since Michigan, UCLA, and maybe Arizona will all drop out of the top 25 and there is a chance that the gophers could find themselves in the top 25

Our opponents have 1 combined FBS win. We won't get any love from voters.

There is a chance since Michigan, UCLA, and maybe Arizona will all drop out of the top 25 and there is a chance that the gophers could find themselves in the top 25

Rutgers, Baylor, Oregon State, NW, Iowa State will all be before us

Why worry about it. just keep winning and the rankings will take care of themselves.

I was just looking at both polls. The Gophers should get some votes this week. Another thing how was Wisconsin still ranked in the coaches poll?

Haha Dr. Don I went back and forth about adding it but we gotta take this one step at a time. A win at Iowa would do a lot towards putting us in the conversation.

Actually, what I meant was that Kill and his Staff will have us improving week to week, and we will eventually get there.

Agree with most. Geeked about our start but I have a hard time saying we're in the top half of the B10 even. OSU, MSU, MI, NU are definitely better teams (though they all have flaws and MSU and MI's offenses are looking pretty crappy) though theye are certainly beatable. NW, IA, PU and WI are all arguably better teams as well. That said we CAN beat anyone in the conference sans maybe OSU but we could also lose to anyone as well

Absolutely no. If they beat Iowa they should have a decent amount of votes but it'll take a 6-0 start to get in the top 25.

How sick would it be to be ranked heading in to a showdown with the unranked Badgers?

How sick would it be to be ranked heading in to a showdown with the unranked Badgers?

I watched their game today. They looked much better offensively. Stave (sp?) looked serviceable with what they allowed him to do. Their running game actually started to click a little bit especially on their damn toss plays. Their Fr. RB looked good today as well. They still have flaws, who doesn't in the B1G, but they looked better today. With games @Neb and @ Purdue before we play them they could very well be ranked by then.

No. We win this next saturday.......I think we should be seeing some votes.

Gophers may get a couple of votes, but no chance they'll jump into the top 25.

I suspect they'll be about 30th or 31st.

Beat the Hawkeyes in Iowa City and we'll be 23rd or better.

Our Offense and kicking game looks very mediocre. Our D-Line is the best we've had since 1999.

Beating Iowa would get us to the fringe (#23-#30 range) and subsequently beating (a theoretically unbeaten) Northwestern would get us to about #20-#25ish. And given the poor reputation of the BigTen lately, conference wins against Iowa, Northwestern, and wisky, while actually very impressive, still won't weigh terribly heavily in the polls this year.

None of those games will be easy by any stretch of the imagination - we will really have to improve to beat each of those teams.

The measure of this year's team really shouldn't be it's poll numbers, but which bowl game, if any (knock on wood), we go to - which is, of course, mostly proportional to our conference standings this season.

That is what I see happening too, but not top 25 yet.

I don't actually care whether or not we are ranked yet, all I care is that I made my first internet bet in Vegas with Minnesota +3 and won $200.

This calls for a celebration and free beer at your place! I am afraid though that I would have to spend more more money on gas than the free beer is worth. My assumption is that you live near the North Dakota border border based on some of your comments. If you would drive down to the cities I would be honored to accept a free beer from you.:cool:

Top Bottom