Cory Joseph talks about Gopher visit, to talk decision over with Mom this weekend

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ScoutHoops.com:

Cory Joseph is a coveted 2010 point guard. He's taken a handful of official visits and still may take another. Will he sign early or late?

Cory Joseph has some important decisions to make.
Already the 6-foot-3, 170-pound point guard has taken four official visits. He’s been to Villanova, Connecticut, Texas and most recently Minnesota.

“[The visit] was good,” Joseph said. “I got to see my brother and that was good. I got to talk to coach Tubby [Smith] and their staff. They are good people. I hung out with the players and they were cool. It was a great visit.”

Now, Joseph, of Las Vegas (Nev.) Findlay Prep, must decide if he wants to take his fifth and final official visit.

“I’ve taken four, but I’m not sure if I’m going to do another one,” Joseph told Scout.com. “I’m going to talk to my mom this weekend. After I talk to her this weekend I might set my last official visit or I might not.”

The schools vying for the last official visit are Florida, UNLV and Mississippi State.

“All the visits I’ve been on have been good,” he said. “They are set up to be fun. All the visits I went on were great. I’m just trying to get a feel and talk to all the players on the visits. I’m going to talk to my mom and I’m going to go from there.”

Joseph, a five-star prospect, also has to decide whether he’ll sign early or late. At this point, he said he’s not feeling pressure to decide by the early signing period deadline.

“I really don’t know,” Joseph said about signing early. “I’m not sure yet. When I feel 100-percent then I’ll decide. I’m trying to get the best feel for the programs. Once I feel 100-percent about a program then that’s when I’ll commit.”

The Canada native is ranked No. 22 overall and No. 6 on Scout.com’s 2010 point guard list.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=916503

Go Gophers!!

I actually feel pretty good about our chances. However I have no idea where he's leaning but I feel we're actually in it unlike Barnes

I actually feel pretty good about our chances. However I have no idea where he's leaning but I feel we're actually in it unlike Barnes

That's about how I feel as well. It seems we're pretty squarely in the mix. Having said all that, I'm not counting on anything one way or the other. I just happen to feel quietly confident in this case.

Do you guys think the fact that we aren't hearing any other 2010 recruit names associated with the Gophers lately have any indication on our staff's confidence in landing Cory? I've seen we are out of the running for both McCallum and Zeigler. Not trying to read too much into things, but it looks as though it's either Joseph or save the scholly for next year.

If they don't get Joseph, I'm sure they'll wait to see if any players develop during their senior seasons. They'll probably bank the scholly for next year, but I doubt they eliminate the possibility of a late signing period addition (or two if there are any unexpected departures).

Thanks for the update Bleed. I'm feeling confident!

Just at the Iowa State tailgate in Ames...bumped into these girls who were selling programs for ames high school. Asked if they knew harrison. One was good friends with him. After much drunk convincing, she told me that he was headed to Duke.

Take it for what you will. But a drunk SkitchPatterson would be loooots of money on barnes going to the Dukies.

Top Bottom