Cory Joseph Named To McDonalds A-A Team

He'll be a good get for Villanova, UCONN, Texas, UNLV, or us...

Canadians can play in the game?

I don't need a lecture that that Canada is apart of North America but when you hear the term "All-American" it's usually reserved for people from the US.

I also knows he plays HS ball in Vegas but he's still from Canada.

Not complaining he made the team but I just assumed he wasn't eligible.

I don't need a lecture that that Canada is apart of North America but when you hear the term "All-American" it's usually reserved for people from the US.

Well if he was still playing in Toronto it would have probably been different, but since he plays high school basketball in America I think it makes sense that he qualifies. Congrats to Cory and hopefully he chooses us.

Yes, he attends HS in Las Vegas. He's eligible.

Definitely not coming here. Definitely, definitely not coming here.

He'd probably be our best player if he did come here. Might be right now...

Why would he come play under Tubby?

Minnesota, where players' offensive games come to die.

Tubby's comment about needing to recruit better players is interesting considering we need a point guard and we've been linked to 2 McDonald's All American's in Cory Joseph and Ray Macallum. We are recruiting good enough players...they just aren't necessarily picking us. Hopefully this will change.

One other thing of note: Ohio St. has two players selected to the team, Illinois one and Mich. St. one. Other teams keep getting better in the Big Ten. If Tubby's going to live up to the hype he came hear with he's got to keep pace with the big boys. If Cory, Trevor, and possibly Royce are playing here next year we are in good position. If not we are taking a step backward with no saviors waiting in the wing (at least not for 4 or 5 years in Tyus Jones).

Top Bottom