Corrupt Officials Bury Texas Longhorns?

Iceland12

Reaction score
Anybody who thinks that Minnesota fans are the only ones who see conspiracy theories ought to take a look at this.

Wow.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015...rrupt-officiating-crew-buries-texas-longhorns

I generally despise people who whine about the refs. A single play rarely determines the outcome of a football game and it's a useful crutch for any team that feels they were owed a win. I have almost three hundred Texas post game breakdowns and open game threads in the public record and I think four or five of them may make some passing reference to a bad call as crucial to a game outcome. And half of them are pointing out how it benefitted us. Players and coaches determine 99.5% of football games. When they don't, it's simple human error.

We didn't watch incompetence. We just watched corruption. The question is - what kind?

Typically an incompetent crew penalizes both teams with equal levels of incompetence. It evens out. It's random and slipshod. I saw calculation and the purposeful, constant opportunistic management of a game outcome.

This officiating crew had a clear bias problem, which means, by definition, a corruption problem and, perhaps, even a financial interest problem. At least one of those descriptives is inarguable...

Let me repeat - because I know what the league, talking heads and idiots are going to say in response - this has nothing to do with incompetence. Or mistakes. Or normal human error. We saw multiple instances of calculated fabrication - all against one team, all at key moments in the game flow. A drunk driver is incompetent. A bank robber is calculating. Can you tell the difference in execution?

Incompetence doesn't result in fabrication. Calls were simply made up. Manufactured out of the air...

The fumble recovery by Duke Thomas "dug out" by JW Walsh which was then "dug out" by Naashon Hughes? What are the rules for possession? Last man with the ball? Or first obvious possession? OSU loses on both counts. Texas ball. Nope, time for a referee intervention. OSU ball. It goes to the guy who has his hands on the ball briefly in between the first possession and the last that wins.

Shiro Davis was held (egregiously, one hand grabbing outside of shoulder pad across neck, other arm draped around the waist) while pressuring Rudolph on the Kris Boyd interception which drew no call, but when Paul Boyette gently bumped Mason Rudolph while pulling up his momentum post throw, Rudolph went for an Emmy, drew a 15 yard personal foul and the officials gave OSU a probable ten point flip. At minimum, a 3 point swing and 40 yards of field position. Would that call be helpful in a game tied at 27 late?

A first half holding call on Taylor Doyle that was irrelevant to the play outcome that happens on every down, on every running play in America, drew a flag. Even a color man as congenitally stupid as David Lapham Ed Cunningham laughed at it. Later, Patrick Vahe had a second half pancake block on a zone reach. Same deal. Holding. Drive erased.

I could go on...there were plenty more.

Every subjective call went against Texas. When a call wasn't available to subjectively slant, at least one official simply conjured fiction like they were Stephen King's bookie.

Texas finished the game with 16 penalties for 128 yards. Half of them were mythology made up on the spot or over-officious nonsense which wasn't being applied to both teams.

The officials created or altered 24-28 points while doing so.

OSU had 7 penalties for 40 yards. All of them minor motion penalties or clear infractions that you can't swallow a whistle on.

We just watched a fixed football game. The first I've ever seen or can recall in all of my years.

What's the Big 12 going to do?

Off the top of my head:

Vikes/Saints 2010
Seahawks/Steelers 2006

Every game has a few bad calls because refs are not perfect and the game moves fast. Sometimes the series of calls are so egregiously bad (see above) there is only one conclusion to be had IMO. these guys, especially at the NFL level are not incompetent. Selective enforcement of rules hurts the integrity of the game. Dont be boxing or the NBA. Call it tight or don't call it at all. If we need more officials then so be it.

He first attempts to establish that he's not a conspiracy theorist in order to make his conspiracy theory more credible. Then he claims special knowledge to make you think he's an expert at recognizing corruption. Is it possible? Sure. I don't think he's established this.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Anybody who thinks that Minnesota fans are the only ones who see conspiracy theories ought to take a look at this.

Wow.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015...rrupt-officiating-crew-buries-texas-longhorns

We just watched a fixed football game. The first I've ever seen or can recall in all of my years.

What's the Big 12 going to do?

How the mighty have fallen, 1-3 and cooking up conspiracy theories about the refs.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people.

:clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rush-judgment-200000105--ncaaf.html

The biggest fumble in last season's epic national championship game between Texas and Southern California didn't occur on the field. It happened in the instant replay booth...

As the three men watched the recorded footage, they suddenly saw a replay from a different camera angle that clearly showed Young's knee was down before the quarterback pitched the ball...

It was a human blunder, one that might have impacted the outcome of Texas' 41-38 victory, a game decided in the final seconds.

That writer wants to have it every way, tinfoil hat stuff, not tinfoil hat... and back and forth.

I think the article is ridiculous, but that defensive holding late was really bad.

I didn't even have to read this article to know that the Burnt Orange are feeling a little cheated these days. Let me just say that every Big12 school has thought for years that Texas gets all the calls, so I have no sympathy for the Tea Sips. On another note, don't fumble the snap on a late punt and you probably win the game.

Top Bottom