Corey Smith commits (Smith de-commits)

Go Gophers!!

I like this A LOT! From 24/7:

At the Best of the Midwest Combine held in late February, Smith was named the "Alpha Dog" by 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong afterwards. Here's what Wiltfong wrote after the event.

"Brownsburg (Ind.) High 2024 receiver Corey Smith went at the best defensive backs in attendance and was an extremely difficult cover with his quickness and catch radius. Smith is a smooth route runner that can separate and has strong hands."
"Alpha Dog"

What WR in his right mind, would ever come here at this point? Or QB? I hope the powers that be realize where this is headed starting next year.

This hurts. I have no idea if this kid is any good or not more interested in seeing what happens in the next 48 hours relative to the portal.

I sure hope there is not a run of decommits.
Our current OC is not lighting up the recruits on fire. Promoting someone who came without solid head coaching or offensive coordinator experience didn't pan out. We don't have a KC.

What exactly is the Gophers' new offensive identity? They must open the passing game.

We are just not talented or deep enough in the end.

PJ Fleck has a lot on his bucket list.

Not surprising. Why would any WR or QB with other offers come here?

This next season is going to be interesting for the Gophers.

PJ Fleck has done well with internal talent development. Notable talent doesn't grow on trees for middling programs. This is not enough.

He must aggressively recruit experienced talent including the QB position.

Play-calling was horrible and unimaginative. They need to retool the offense.

Let's hope the Gophers don't lose some roster and backup players to the portal.

This next season is going to be interesting for the Gophers.

PJ Fleck has done well with internal talent development. Notable talent doesn't grow on trees for middling programs. This is not enough.

He must aggressively recruit experienced talent including the QB position.

Play-calling was horrible and unimaginative. They need to retool the offense.

Let's hope the Gophers don't lose some roster and backup players to the portal.
I hate to tell everyone, but the rush to the portal from the football team will make the MBB portal rush when Ben Johnson got hired look miniscule.

You have no idea if kid is good, but it hurts?
It hurts because we have nothing at wide receiver. this was considered our top wr recruit.

Good Grief

Heard Smith was worried about too much playing time.

Top Bottom