Corey Nelson

golfinggopher

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed something, but what the heck happened on his visit? I have heard almost zero inside info on here about his visit. It sounds like he is a legitimate top 10 LB prospect in the nation and yet there is no discussion on him? Did he enjoy his visit? Is he considering us? Did he even come?

Maybe Brew is saving him for a last minute commit like he has been able to do over the last ala Michael Carter and Keenon Cooper? Adding him and Seantrel would make this class outstanding as I think that a lot of these kids will help our positions of need and will also provide a lot of depth....5 Star Fan? Grunkie? Someone.....

I think because we might be at our limit, there might be some fanagling that needs to occur before promises are made or accepted or announced. Brew might be waiting to see if there are departures before he tells someone tough luck, or asks someone to gray shirt if needed.

I think because we might be at our limit, there might be some fanagling that needs to occur before promises are made or accepted or announced. Brew might be waiting to see if there are departures before he tells someone tough luck, or asks someone to gray shirt if needed.

I think they are at 26 commitments. That would leave room for one (or two if we don't get Henderson).

We have two gray shirts though. It has never been clear if we ended up with room to apply them back to last year or not. I'm assuming we couldn't and so we have a limit of 26. 25 yearly limit plus three over signs = 28 -2 gray shirts= 26

I hope they can apply those gray shirts back to 2008, and leave us with two more. That would be great.

We have two gray shirts though. It has never been clear if we ended up with room to apply them back to last year or not. I'm assuming we couldn't and so we have a limit of 26. 25 yearly limit plus three over signs = 28 -2 gray shirts= 26

I hope they can apply those gray shirts back to 2008, and leave us with two more. That would be great.

Thanks for the info. Schnoodler--good work, like always man. Hopefully, we have a couple of big late signing to build some more momentum heading into next year.

Don't the people we have enrolling early count towards last years total and not this years? If so then theres a few scholarships that we have free.

Don't the people we have enrolling early count towards last years total and not this years? If so then theres a few scholarships that we have free.

They can count back a year if there was room. They have to be counted somewhere.

Last year we ran into the total team limit of 85 as opposed to the yearly of 25. So it's a fuzzy area for me. So I really don't know how those gray shirts or early guys go.

It's really hard to get the fine print out of the NCAA. You almost need a masters in NCAA gray areas. They try really hard not to be specific just so they have the final say in everything. So we all get to be confused.

I'm prett sure if we count them back it couldn't have put us over either limit for last year or we can't count them that way. I just don't know with departures or what not what out schollie tally was for the year. It's hard to imagine we had unused scholarships. But like I said, IDK.

Update on Nelson - Now has officials listed for Tennessee and North Carolina in the next few weeks. Chances of landing him are diminishing but I'm still hopeful we can land a future stud LB'er.

Top Bottom