Contributors Next Year

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
Not to get thinking too much towards next season as we still have a fighting chance of making the tournament...but I thought I'd post some thoughts about what next year will look like. We lose a huge "glue" guy in Damian Johnson and our leading scorer in Westbrook.

I would like to see:

PG - Al and Cobbs (with the outside possibility of Joseph)

SG - Devoe and Hoffarber

SF - Hoffarber/Williams/Carter

PF - Some mixture of Carter/Mbakwe/White/Iverson (obviously this is a big question mark)

C - Iverson and Sampson

I hope that Hollins doesn't have to see the floor much, but we don't really have a ton of options at the 2-3 spots so he'll probably see some time. I'd love for Eliason to redshirt if we get either White or Mbakwe back. It's also possible Dominique Dawson sees a few minutes after being redshirted -- I'd rather have him give us a few garbage time minutes than burning a season of eligibility for Eliason.

I think Devoe will really step into a scorer's role next season when he isn't playing out of position and has another season of maturity. I think he along with RSIII will be our scoring leaders. Hoffarber and Carter obviously can come up with big scoring nights from time to time but these guys will be our consistent bread and butter.

I'm excited to see Iverson continue to grow into his role of being the long, tough enforcer who does the little things.

Al comes back and redeems himself with a solid senior season.

I'm not going to make any predictions about White and Mbakwe but I would love to see Mbakwe on the floor mixing it up along with Iverson/Sampson -- he gives us the grit we need in the B10.

Williams continues to mature and we don't need to lean on him yet -- his big step will come in his junior year. He provides athleticism and occasional scoring/sparks.

Top Bottom