CONTEST FOR TONITE: BO

Anderson8284

Reaction score
Any guesses on when Bo Ryan's initial whine to the officials takes place tonite? I would venture to guess 2:15 into the 40 minute game.....

Oh, I'd say before the tip-off.

He will let the officials know that he got royally screwed by the stripes at Kohl in their loss to us earlier this year and thus the officials tonight should do their best to "even it out."

Wow. You're giving Bo too much credit. I say :45 into the game.

Go Gophers!!

Beat Bucky!!

He will probably be whining in pre-game warmups. The guy is a baby through and through. Great coach, but a baby nonetheless.

I can just imagine if we have the same crew as we did in the Illinois game. That would almost be too funny.

It will be after the entire crowd moans at an obvious foul call on the Gophers. Williams Arena, the place where a Gophers player has never committed a foul.

It will be after the entire crowd moans at an obvious foul call on the Gophers. Williams Arena, the place where a Gophers player has never committed a foul.

Weak.

Bo's first whine will come when he gets on the raised floor. A RAISED floor? C'mon, ref! That's SO not fair!

Surely You're Joking

All home team's fans behave the same when it comes to the refs. Don't put Williams Arena in a different category than other venues. Yes, fans never think their team committed a foul, including here at the Barn - but its ALL fans at every venue.

Coaches are a different story - they don't all act the same. Bo is one of the worst whiners - if not the worst in the country. Surely you have to admit he yells, screams, and whines more than guys like Tubby Smith, Bill Self, or Rick Barnes. Can you think of someone who whines more in the BT or the country?

Come on now, GV - at least put a little reality into the situation.

Williams Arena, the place where a Gophers player has never committed a foul.

You got the quote right, but you're being too specific. How it should read is:

"[Insert home arena], the place where a [home team's mascot]'s player has never committed a foul."

To think that this isn't the case at every arena, Williams and Kohl definitely included, would be crazy.

GVBADGER: Williams Arena

Your point is well-taken. In six years of having season tickets while I was in school, I do not recall a single *legitimate* foul call on our Gophers! (vbg!) Somehow, fouls by Badger players stick in my mind more. Odd, that....

In seriousness, no one doubts that Williams Arena provides us a home court advantage. Tonite I'm hoping for a big home court advantage.

Also in seriousness, I suspect *most* posters here have substantial, albeit grudging respect for Mr. Ryan. I certainly do. He is a very very good basketball coach. However, my intent at least was to light-heartedly poke fun at his most annoying trait.

We all think Bo is a good coach. But that doesn't change the fact that he is a whining baby and it won't make us like him either. We hate him, he is the coach of the most annoying team and fans in the entire country.
Coach K is a whiner too, but most people would say he is a good coach also.
Eat dirt Bo Ryan!

The old saying is true - you need to be at least 10 points better than your opponent to win on the road to make up for home calls.

Bo Ryan is the only coach in America that whines to the refs, just like Williams Arena is the only place where the hometown team has never committed a foul.

It all makes sense to me now.

Some of you don't watch much basketball if you think he is the only coach that whines to the refs.

I'm going to take the long odds and say 4:36 into it. if we're talking actually pointedly talking to the refs. As weak as we usually start games it's hard to imagine there will be anything for him to get worked up about early.

I don't think Bo

Derek is a good coach.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo Ryan is the only coach in America that whines to the refs, just like Williams Arena is the only place where the hometown team has never committed a foul.

It all makes sense to me now.

Some of you don't watch much basketball if you think he is the only coach that whines to the refs.

Who said he is the only coach that whines? I think you need to re-read again. Here, I'll help.

Josh087 said:
Coaches are a different story - they don't all act the same. Bo is one of the worst whiners - if not the worst in the country. Surely you have to admit he yells, screams, and whines more than guys like Tubby Smith, Bill Self, or Rick Barnes. Can you think of someone who whines more in the BT or the country?

It sounds like the comparison is relative to other coaches and there is an admission that other coaches whine.

Top Bottom