Conspiracy to awaken the sleeping giant

t-docious

MAKE GOPHERS GREAT AGAIN!
Reaction score
Since i love me a good ole' fashioned conspiracy I pondered this this morning.

Evidence:
Has one of the top 5 largest student bodies (think lots of potential viewers). All of our conference games have been on national television (get the recruits attention)... Mad love for jerry kill in the B1G and throughout the country.

Maybe Delaney sees Minnesota as a sleeping giant of viewership/revenue and we will be made relevant again by the powers at be...

PS just for fun guys

why do you do this to yourself? please avoid all bridges @2:30 P.M. on 10/26/2013.

Beat Nebraska would raise the eyebrows nationally ; more so than the sports fans in Minnesota. Sad, but true.

Ruppert, this is exactly the sort of post you used to make on Buckyville. In your words: "FACTS, not conjecture." Great stuff.

A victory would provide the talking heads points on Nebraska, and Minnesota would just be viewed as an anomaly. What would really raise eyebrows is more than one unexpected victory. Then the heads will point at Minnesota. Then, and only then will we be building a new name for Minnesota. We have yet to reach .500 in conference play. We are only relevant if we can be in the mix for a division title. The team needs to envision how they will rise to victory and rehearse it in their heads. Then, they must execute it and win. Before any human being takes a step while walking, the mind rehearses which muscles it will use to carry the weight and balance the body. It then executes the sequence. In other words, the mind practices before it executes. Envisioning where you will run will help the mind get you to your goal. You don't have to think any more than put a point on the field of play and let the mind do its background work. When the plays work, the players build faith. As faith improves, then trust is formed. When trust is formed among all the players, the plays work better than their intended design and big plays result.

I don't think the team needs a conspiracy or Gary D to awake the sleeping giant. The team must want to believe in itself and trust itself to become successful.

I dreamed the Gophers beat Nebraska by 20 last night. Then I woke up.

I just found it odd how for years we would never get on ESPN/ABC but maybe once or twice a year and now we have been on it every weekend. That is all. I love it. Are we a national title contender yet? god no. The point of my post was just to wonder why we are on so many national tv outlets, with my theory that Minnesota has a big market that they probably would like to tap into.

I look at the SEC. Before 2008 they were mediocre and then they signed the tv deal (2.25 BILLION DOLLARS) with ESPN and suddenly they became the most elite conference because ESPN said so (they had a stake in it). I don't think it is that far fetched to think that maybe they are throwing us a bit more of a bone because we have such a large TV market.

Since i love me a good ole' fashioned conspiracy I pondered this this morning.

Evidence:
Has one of the top 5 largest student bodies (think lots of potential viewers). All of our conference games have been on national television (get the recruits attention)... Mad love for jerry kill in the B1G and throughout the country.

Maybe Delaney sees Minnesota as a sleeping giant of viewership/revenue and we will be made relevant again by the powers at be...

PS just for fun guys

Apparently the crew who reffed the NW game couldn't crack Delaney's code

Apparently the crew who reffed the NW game couldn't crack Delaney's code

That's only b/c Chicago is the only market in the B1G that's bigger than ours. They also have a meager following. Delaney wants Chicago first and T.C. next. That's why NW was the National topics to start the year:clap:

That's only b/c Chicago is the only market in the B1G that's bigger than ours. They also have a meager following. Delaney wants Chicago first and T.C. next. That's why NW was the National topics to start the year:clap:

Now that you have cracked the code, beware of Delaney's secret police :)

Top Bottom