Congrats to MilesTones -- Winner of Tonight's "Predict the Score" Competition (vs Wi)

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
Congrats to MilesTones -- Winner of Tonight's "Predict the Score" Competition (vs Wi)

Sorry this is late ... this was a victory to be savored and celebrated.

We had three first-place finishers tonight but MilesTones wins the event with the closest prediction to the Gophers' actual score ... and he better not say anything bad about Westbrook for a while (or maybe he should send a note of appreciation for the errant pass by the Badgers or ...)

Anyway, here's the top five places and the Roll of Honor. (Season standings will need to wait until tomorrow afternoon given the time and other things.)
1st Place (tie): MilesTones, Mikie S and Notorious PLD - 15 pts awarded; variance of 7 points from actual score.
2nd Place: Dr Gopher - 10 pts awarded; variance of 12 points from actual score.
3rd Place: RW+RW=Our W's - 7 pts awarded; variance of 13 points from actual score.
4th Place (tie): Gopher737 and ShowinGoldyLove- 5 pts awarded; variance of 14 points from actual score.
5th Place: SanDiegoPete - 3 pts awarded; variance of 15 points from actual score.
And a footnote: there was actually another person who had a closer prediction -- but it was the second prediction that this person made and thus was disallowed. The rules provide thatthere's "just one entry per person (and) predictions cannot be changed once made." The first prediction was made two days earlier and that was the one that was used in the competition.

Predict The Score Roll of Honor
11-14-08 - Concordia (St Paul): CharlesBenjamin
11-15-08 - Bowling Green: CottageGrove 12 (now Gold Rush)
11-16-08 - Georgia State: Anderson 8284
11-22-08 - Colorado State: Gold Rush
11-26-08 - Eastern Washington: Runext07 (on the button)
11-29-08 - North Dakota State University: CharlesBenjamin
12-02-08 - Virginia: MikieS
12-06-08 - Cornell: GopherHoleFan
12-10-08 - SDSU: Mom8Pop
12-20-08 - Louisville: WhoGoofed
12-23-08 - Southeastern Louisiana: book
12-28-08 - High Point: book
12-31-08 - Michigan State at Williams: The Barn
1-03-09 - the Ohio State University: Ski-U-Mah Gopher
1-08-09 - University of Iowa: CharlesBenjamin
1-11-09 - Penn State: Steer53
1-15-09 - Wisconsin: markymark98
1-18-09 - Northwestern: GopherCrazy
1-22-09 - Purdue: Gold Rush
1-25-09 - Indiana: Big Play
1-29-09 - Illinois: MillionMoves
2-04-09 - Michigan State: Mom8Pop
2-07-09 - the Ohio State University: TheBigL
2-10-09 - Indiana University: Gopher737
2-14-09 - Penn State: CharlesBenjamin
2-19-09 - Michigan: XMan
2-22-09 - Northwestern: Dr Don
2-26-09 - Illinois: TheBigL
3-04-09 - Wisconsin: MilesTone

"... and he better not say anything bad about Westbrook for a while (or maybe he should send a note of appreciation for the errant pass by the Badgers or ...)"

LOL. I have *never* said anything bad about Westbrook! You've mistaken me for someone else!

But I will use my newly-found fame to make one little soapbox stand...

I know we've been frustrated with our W/L record and offensive play recently, but... Before the season begam did anyone REALLY believe we'd be 21-8 right now? No, the team isn't where we want it to be -- yet. But they're getting there. In Tubby We Trust!

Wellsaid MT.

"know we've been frustrated with our W/L record and offensive play recently, but... Before the season begam did anyone REALLY believe we'd be 21-8 right now? No, the team isn't where we want it to be -- yet. But they're getting there. In Tubby We Trust!"

Only the most hopeful people had us on 20 or more wins. I end up saying this alot but, the key word in "Winning Ugly" is winning.

Predict the Score Season Standings

The top two positions of the standings didn't change much but the top ten reflects a few changes due to the Minnesota win.

Here's the standings through the Wisconsin game and with (IMO) at least three games to go.
.. 1 …... 117 pts. …... Charlesbenjamin
.. 2 …... 103 pts. …... Gold Rush
.. 3 …... 89 pts. …... mom8pop
.. 4 …... 74 pts. …... HopHead and Mikie S
.. 6 …... 71 pts. …... Anderson8284
.. 7 …... 68 pts. …... Gopher737
.. 8 …... 67 pts. …... book and The Big L
10 …... 65 pts. …... Ski U Mah Gopher

11 …... 60 pts. …... Blizzard
12 …... 53 pts. …... Zales04
13 …... 47 pts. …... Gopherholefan, MNSnowman and Runext07
16 …... 46 pts. …... gopher1more
17 …... 44 pts. …... Gopher In Qatar
18 …... 43 pts. …... DrDon, Roy Christensen and XMan

21 …... 42 pts. …... MillionMoves
22 …... 40 pts. …... Big Play
23 …... 38 pts. …... TheBarn
24 …... 35 pts. …... Warrior04 and Whogoofed
26 …... 34 pts. …... SanDiegoPete
27 …... 33 pts. …... MilesTones and What Up Guy
29 …... 31 pts. …... ChemEGopher
30 …... 30 pts. …... Kindofgreen and MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed

32 …... 29 pts. …... GoBigGold and maliksealy
34 …... 28 pts. …... BayfieldGopher and gophermanic
36 …... 27 pts. …... row19gopher and SelectionSunday
38 …... 26 pts. …... ron456 and RW+RW=Our W's
40 …... 25 pts. …... gopherbadgerman, runningopher, skoalvikings and USTGopher

44 …... 22 pts. …... GopherCrazy
45 …... 20 pts. …... ilovethebarn
46 …... 19 pts. …... Figi
47 …... 19 pts. …... minimax, Steer53,
49 …... 15 pts. …... bruster, Evergreenst8, markymark98 and Notorious PLD

53 …... 14 pts. …... burton34
54 …... 11 pts. …... DrGopher, monsonville and Tubtastic
57 …... 10 pts. …... Technogopher and WadeHokenson
59 …... 9 pts. …... Boondoggle, GopherKev and GopherMike

62 …... 8 pts. …... Gopher07, gortonsfisherman011 and oldlodgeskins
65 …... 7 pts. …... Gopherinphilly and Honyocker
67 …... 6 pts. …... Cheeseheadgophfan
68 …... 5 pts. …... Dampshoe, DiehardGopher, Indiana Gopher, kramer, Nysparty, ShowinGoldyLove and Wiscbearsfan17

75 …... 4 pts. …... OSUfan and rosevillegopher
77 …... 3 pts. …... fluffhead and Goldengopher
79 …... 2 pts. …... AzNGoPheR, GILBball, goldenfuture5, Gophers09, Smokey pearl, stevenmgr, TubbyTime2009 and TubbytownUSA

87 …... 1 pt. …... 6Gophers Minnesota, BarnBoy, BUGuy, cncmin, denguegopher, DevOJoe5 , FiveStarFan, Freshtrout, Golden Shower, gopher7, Gopherthewin, Jeshurun, RomaGopher , Slim Tubby, SoMplsHawkI, thebarnisback, TheHofferette, TWeber, youngstowngopher

106 …... 0 pts. chiefilliniwek, FairfaxGopher , go 31, go4holer, GoGoGophers, GOLDY1966 , gophengolder, GVBadger, jamiche, melbo, PigAxeJug, Radio Badger, Samloupete, sec105, ulmer, WestBank08 …...

omg, i feel like such an idiot...i wouldve won too!!!!! i cant believe i predicted twice, ARGHHH

"... and he better not say anything bad about Westbrook for a while (or maybe he should send a note of appreciation for the errant pass by the Badgers or ...)"

LOL. I have *never* said anything bad about Westbrook! You've mistaken me for someone else!
Sorry, Miles, I phrased that poorly. What I should have written is the qualification:

"I don't know if he's been critical of Westbrook in previous threads or not, but he better not say anything ..."

And I agree, this team has exceeded my expectations -- nicely put.

Participation Points and, uh, Zeroes.

Ooops, left off my usual recounting of who got participation points.

These are among the Gopher faithful who predicted a Gopher win (but a larger number of points for sure) and received one Participation Point: Anderson8284, Big Play, Blizzard, book, Burton34, Charlesbenjamin, ChemEGopher, Dr Don, Freshtrout, go 31, Gopher In Qatar, gopher1more, Gopherholefan, Gopherinphilly, Gophers09, MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed, maliksealy, MillionMoves, minimax, MNSnowman, monsonville, oldlodgeskins, row19gopher, Roy Christensen, runningopher, What Up Guy and XMan

And then there's these poor souls, a lugubrious mix of BADger fans and misguided Gopher supporters (heck, some of 'em are even my friends). They get zero points. Nada. Zilch. The big goosegg: GoBigGold, Gold Rush, gopherbadgerman, GVBadger, mom8pop, Radio Badger, Samloupete, SelectionSunday, Ski U Mah, skoalvikings, Steer53, The Big L, and Zales04.

Let's give a Bronx Cheer to the lugubrious BADger fans and misguided Gopher jock straps, er, um supporters who got the big goosegg last night.....plplplplplplplplplplplplplplplplplplplplplp!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Miles, I phrased that poorly. What I should have written is the qualification:

"I don't know if he's been critical of Westbrook in previous threads or not, but he better not say anything ..."

And I agree, this team has exceeded my expectations -- nicely put.

No worries, Snowman! Thanks for all you do here!

Top Bottom