Congrats to Jay Johnson and William Peagler

swingman

Reaction score
MSU's offensive coordinator and running backs coach were part of Golden Gopher staff in 2016. Jay a Lakeville native.

MSU's offensive coordinator and running backs coach were part of Golden Gopher staff in 2016. Jay a Lakeville native.
Tracy Claeys coaching tree does not have many branches, but they are doing well this year!

Who is William Peagler?
He was an offensive quality control coach for us in Claeys one year as head coach. Jay Johnson brought him on to coach running backs at Michigan State. Kenneth Walker III seems to be doing well under him and Johnson (though I think he'd fare pretty well anywhere)

Speaking of Claeys, is he coaching anywhere right now?

Speaking of Claeys, is he coaching anywhere right now?
He retired this January from Va Tech (he was their linebackers coach). I could see him coaching DLine at Wyoming with Sawvel or taking a spot on the KState staff if something opens up.

Bart Miller doing well at Illinois as well!
Bart did a nice job sealing the deal with recruiting Conner Olson and Sam Schlueter to Minnesota.

Also did a great job getting Blaise Andries on board.

I am guessing he worked with getting Ko Kieft signed and influenced his blocking techniques when he arrived here in 2016.

Those four guys make up two thirds of one of the best o-lines in the nation.

I am guessing PJ and Callahan and Patterson might stop by pregame vs Illinois and offer their thanks to Bart for what he left them with.

Top Bottom