Congrats to Augsburg: a 74-68 victory over NCAA Division I Houston Baptist

I wonder if Houston Baptist's message board -- if they have one -- is currently in meltdown mode.

I just do not understand why so many experts get upset and/or worried about exhibition games. Sorry sports fans, I just don't get it.

I gotta' admit, a D-I losing to a D-III is a whole 'nother story. If that's happening, a school really should revisit whether it should compete in Division I. For Houston Baptist, is it the lure of playing in a "conference" (Great West) that doesn't even have an automatic bid?

OT, but speaking of Augsburg, how in the world did devean George end up there? A 6-8 small forward got zero d2 or d1 looks? Did he grow in college or what? Never understood that ...

OT, but speaking of Augsburg, how in the world did devean George end up there? A 6-8 small forward got zero d2 or d1 looks? Did he grow in college or what? Never understood that ...

Devean George was 6-2 or 6-3 when he graduated from Benilde and grew 3 inches or so while at Augsburg. I think he grew another inch or two after he graduated. I haven't watched much MIAC ball in the last decade, but watched a lot of it from the early-1970s to the George era at Augsburg and he was by far the most athletic kid I ever saw in that conference. There were other players who were more fundamentally sound, but he was unparalleled athletically in that conference.

Does the Houston Baptist message board allow swearing?

I just do not understand why so many experts get upset and/or worried about exhibition games. Sorry sports fans, I just don't get it.

Forthcoming: I just do not understand why so many experts get upset and/or worried about non-conference games

Top Bottom