Coney Durr

Gophers09

Reaction score
With all the frenzy, was it ever reported what his injury was? Didn't look great during the bowl. Hoping not major.

Judging by his twitter feed he said he was going to have a MRI on Jan 6th, but hasn't commented on his injury since. You'd think if it was something like an ACL, he would have had surgery by now.

Judging by his twitter feed he said he was going to have a MRI on Jan 6th, but hasn't commented on his injury since. You'd think if it was something like an ACL, he would have had surgery by now.

I don't know if you ALWAYS do, but typically you wait about 6 weeks for swelling to go down prior to ACL surgery. You often do some pre-surgery PT as well (build up the muscles and stuff around it). I doubt Durr has had surgery yet if it was an ACL.

You would never wait 6 weeks to have surgery on a torn ACL. Swelling goes down on a week, or less with therapy. Pre-surgery therapy is also deemed mostly unnecessary especially for someone in good shape.

Bleed where are you? You seem to know everything!

You would never wait 6 weeks to have surgery on a torn ACL. Swelling goes down on a week, or less with therapy. Pre-surgery therapy is also deemed mostly unnecessary especially for someone in good shape.

My roommate in college waited a little over a month to have surgery for swelling and stuff to go down and he had pre-hab of his knee. His knee was certainly swollen a month out. I googled it to make sure I wasn't going crazy and that seems like fairly standard operating procedure, but I don't know.

I tore my ACL three times. Never waited more than 10 days. You can wait as long as you want but for athletes they want it done so real rehab can start

My roommate in college waited a little over a month to have surgery for swelling and stuff to go down and he had pre-hab of his knee. His knee was certainly swollen a month out. I googled it to make sure I wasn't going crazy and that seems like fairly standard operating procedure, but I don't know.

Big time college athletes will have it sooner to get to rehab sooner. Non athlete will take more time to prep and get to good spot in life to facilitate easier lifestyle for recovery

Quick questions - what about Steve Richardson's injury during the bowl game - what was it and and how is he doing?

Top Bottom