Comin down for the weekend...

Hooligan119th

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm comin down to the cities this weekend with a couple buddies for the Twins game on Sun. Anyone have any recommendations on some sports bars that I might not now about to watch the game on Sat? I think we are going to be staying down by Eden Praire both nights so maybe somethin down in that area? I know there is Sensor's and Wild Wings, but maybe something with a "best kept secret" rep?

Cowboy Jacks is the new hot spot in the southern metro on 494 between France and Penn Ave. on the south side of 494. I don't know how old you are but it is a cool bar...huge patio and all ages...not just 21 and 22 year olds. Maybe too many distractions if you just want to watch the game. I took some friends who are around 40, and they all thought it was really cool. One said it reminded him of Tampa bars, which I is a good thing. Jake's in a nice sports bar in Eden Prairie.

Hey guys,

I'm comin down to the cities this weekend with a couple buddies for the Twins game on Sun. Anyone have any recommendations on some sports bars that I might not now about to watch the game on Sat? I think we are going to be staying down by Eden Praire both nights so maybe somethin down in that area? I know there is Sensor's and Wild Wings, but maybe something with a "best kept secret" rep?

Actually, there is no Buffalo Wild Wings in Eden Prairie - you'd have to go out to Chanhassen or Savage if that's where you wanted to go. I like Poor Richard's Commonhouse - it's relatively new and I like everything I've had to eat there. It's not in EP either, but it's close, being at the intersection of 100 and 494 in Bloomington. Cowboy Jack's was fun the one time I was there, but I'm not sure if it's a good place to actually watch a sporting event. Plus, you have to listen to country music! :)

If you're coming all the way from ND and want to make it a Twins weekend, I recommend going downtown both Sun for the game and Sat for the bar. Anything in Eden Prairie you can find the equivalent in West Fargo.
Smalley's 87 is the Twins hotspot near the stadium. Lots of fans pre-game, it might be fun to watch an entire game there, though I never have. There's loads of sports bars downtown near the stadium and along First Ave.

Smalley's 87 is the Twins hotspot near the stadium. Lots of fans pre-game, it might be fun to watch an entire game there, though I never have. There's loads of sports bars downtown near the stadium and along First Ave.
I watched a Sat night game at Smalley's at their outdoor bar once. Had a great time, but I must admit that the game watching became secondary to the partying as the night wore on. The same held true for the majority of folks there. Don't know what it was like inside as far as a game watching atmosphere goes.

I would recommend what Nokomis said.. There are DOZENS of bars/sports pubs downtown that would probably be better than anything in EP. But if you don't, I'd recommend Jake's City Grill in EP.

Is that Cactus Jacks on 494 in Plymouth the same atmosphere or is the one down S the place to be?

Cowboy Jacks in Bloomington is probably closer to EP and newer. I haven't been to the one in Plymouth. I've never even noticed country music being played there, but the place is huge so if you are in the corner where the music is played you might hear it. If you are looking for big TV's, Cowboy Jacks might not be it, but they have two happy hours where almost all drinks are $2 from 4-6 and 10-12. Downtown is fun if you don't mind dealing with the parking and getting out of there after the game. I was at the last two games...they need to win the last two in the series.

Top Bottom