Column: Take a bow, Urban Meyer, now one of greatest coaches in college fball history

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

If he wasn't a member of the club before, he definitely is now.

Take a bow, Urban Meyer.

You're one of the greatest coaches in college football history.

Meyer joined a very elite group — right up there with guys named Bryant and Leahy and Saban — by leading Ohio State to the national championship with a 42-20 victory over Oregon on Monday night.

It was Meyer's third national title. The first two came with Florida, this one with the Buckeyes — a program in disarray when he took over in 2012 after taking a one-year sabbatical from coaching.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/288358691.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Right behind Belichek and Saban for active football coaches, even with Pete Carroll. This season was by far his greatest coaching performance.

I'd put him as the best coach in college football right now. The guy simply doesn't lose many games. I was looking at his career W/L last night and it was quite staggering. To think, before OSU played Wisconsin they were on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

I don't believe that OSU was in "disarray", but the fashion in which the team played over the past month is rather impressive.

Great job by Meyer. That is one talented team, but there are a lot of talented teams that don't get things going in the right direction consistently. To think they lost both Miller and Barrett and still were dominant in the B1G championship and the game last night. Unbelievable defense.

I don't believe that OSU was in "disarray", but the fashion in which the team played over the past month is rather impressive.

Completely agreed. It's a huge stretch to say "disarray", but man did they look good down the stretch.

Top Bottom