Colter and Mark Didn't Play

Iceland12

Reaction score
Gees, were they out of the line-up today? :rolleyes:

Last year the Gray was in and out with injuries for most of the season. Take away a game or two and he played hurt all year. Shortell was hurt too, that's why they had to pull Nelson's redshirt. Their best Wideout was out for the season when he was tackled a couple yards deep in the End Zone by Purdue. 3-4 other Receivers missed games too.

The O-Line? Did the projected starters EVER play a game together? Seemed like nearly everyone missed some games from that unit. The D-Backs rotated guys in and out because of necessity more than anything else. Even Kirkwood, their best RB, played hurt in 3-4 games.

The Wildcats had a great run last year partially because they stayed pretty healthy. So Colter and Marks didn't play. Big deal. Don't remember people feeling very sorry and making excuses for the Gophers last year.

Not going to do it for the Wildcats this year.

They put up 30 points & 506 yards vs Cal with a whole 60 yards from Colter & Mark.

"But credit needs to go to Clayes and the defense too, because in its season opener at Cal, Northwestern played almost the entire game without Colter and only had 29 yards rushing from Mark yet still put up over 500 yards of offense in the 44-30 win." -- Daily GOPHER

You mean the 1-5 Cal Bears? The Gophers won this game fair and square but not having your 2 top offensive players hurts a team. Siemian was dreadful. No one is shedding tears for NU but this was not the team that lost to Ohio St.

Sure, Mark and Colter didn't play. However, the Gophers had to battle the zebras today who were flat out awful. You could argue the game could've been 27-10 if the correct calls were made on a few plays. No, I don't feel bad for NW one bit and this win still means a lot.

Injuries are not a separate entity. It is a direct part of the game, whether a jammed finger or a knee injury. Minnesota was more healthy and had more players to make more plays. To try to unlink the two is folly.

You mean the 1-5 Cal Bears? The Gophers won this game fair and square but not having your 2 top offensive players hurts a team. Siemian was dreadful. No one is shedding tears for NU but this was not the team that lost to Ohio St.

True we found that out last year. Siemian by the way went 13 for 18 against those Buckeyes for 245 yards, 2 TDS and an INT. Colter was 8 for 8 for 98 yards. No TD's no INT. If you believe in such stuff Siemina's QBR was 76.1 and Colter's was 39.6. Siemian was 8 for -8 on the ground. Colter was 8 for 16 with a TD.

Siemina got rattled last week against the Badgers and again today against Minnesota.

How can Mark being out be held against us? He's been hurt and unproductive the entire year.

The Gophers will never win a significant Big Ten game. Whoever they beat, especially if it's on the road, must obviously really suck. It's preposterous to suggest that the Gophers might actually make another team look bad.

Also, injuries count for other teams but not the Gophers. When we lose without top players, it means we have no depth. When other teams lose to the Gophers without top players, we're lucky they didn't have them. Because, you know, injuries aren't normal in football.

And you can't expect Northwestern to have won this game, the poor things. They started the season so well at 4-0 and had a huge homecoming game that they lost and then got drilled the following week on the road. I mean, how could anyone ever recover psychologically from THAT?!

This thread makes me a bit nauseous. Enjoy the biggest win of the Kill era.

What is this thread even about? The Gophers win and fans think the team isn't getting the credit they deserve?

Gopher fans seriously are the most paranoid bunch around. Hate to break it to you but no one is out to get the Gophers. There is no conspiracy at work.

The Gophers will never win a significant Big Ten game. Whoever they beat, especially if it's on the road, must obviously really suck. It's preposterous to suggest that the Gophers might actually make another team look bad.

Also, injuries count for other teams but not the Gophers. When we lose without top players, it means we have no depth. When other teams lose to the Gophers without top players, we're lucky they didn't have them. Because, you know, injuries aren't normal in football.

And you can't expect Northwestern to have won this game, the poor things. They started the season so well at 4-0 and had a huge homecoming game that they lost and then got drilled the following week on the road. I mean, how could anyone ever recover psychologically from THAT?!

You are my new best friend. Keep it up. No one else seems to get it.

The Gophers didn't have their coach for the game or preparation during the week. They were playing on the road. Both teams weren't playing at full strength..

The Gophers will never win a significant Big Ten game. Whoever they beat, especially if it's on the road, must obviously really suck. It's preposterous to suggest that the Gophers might actually make another team look bad. Also, injuries count for other teams but not the Gophers. When we lose without top players, it means we have no depth. When other teams lose to the Gophers without top players, we're lucky they didn't have them. Because, you know, injuries aren't normal in football. And you can't expect Northwestern to have won this game, the poor things. They started the season so well at 4-0 and had a huge homecoming game that they lost and then got drilled the following week on the road. I mean, how could anyone ever recover psychologically from THAT?! This thread makes me a bit nauseous. Enjoy the biggest win of the Kill era.

Well said. Some Gopher fans just don't know how to enjoy the wins. The wildcats were on the verge of being a top 10 team a few weeks back. Instead some concentrate on how Northwestern wasn't playing with two starters. It's not like the Gophers had to deal with any type of adversity this week, or the fact that the refs made two critical and horrible calls ( offensive pass interference on TD and pass interference call on Murray). But nope, we won solely on the fact that northwestern was short two starters.

So you didn't actually read the O.P. than?

What is this thread even about? The Gophers win and fans think the team isn't getting the credit they deserve?.

Nope, just got tired of reading about Colter and Marks. Two guys who when they get healthy are apparently headed directly into both the College and Pro Football Hall of Fames.

But that's not really what you're upset about now is it? :drink:

As you made it clear before, and to quote:

- I guess I will never understand this mentality. Congratulating the team for playing better than they did the previous week when the expectation should have been they play better after the performance...

- What I don't understand is people being called out and being told you can't have an opinion until after a certain amount of time has passed. It's an opinion and there is no required time period to form one. It's up to Kill and his staff to prove they can turn the program around.

- I would take Glenn Mason back in a heart beat. There was a time I thought I would never say this but I agree.

- How this will play out on GHole regardless of the record the most vocal of Kill's supporters will want it both ways. If Kill's absence becomes lengthy and the team is competitive they will go with the instant credibility line and even though they have been preaching the plan in place when Kill is gone if the team performs poorly they will use Kill wasn't there to explain it away.

- I look at this way finally the "no problem, plan in place" talk can end. The realization that missing parts of games or as in this case not even making the road trip is cause for concern. The head coach needs to be there.

- Gophers 14 Northwestern 45

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the trauma NW players must have suffered when they got ambushed on Monday. If not for that unfortunate incident, we definitely lose that game!

Nope, just got tired of reading about Colter and Marks. Two guys who when they get healthy are apparently headed directly into both the College and Pro Football Hall of Fames.

But that's not really what you're upset about now is it? :drink:

As you made it clear before, and to quote:

- I guess I will never understand this mentality. Congratulating the team for playing better than they did the previous week when the expectation should have been they play better after the performance...

- What I don't understand is people being called out and being told you can't have an opinion until after a certain amount of time has passed. It's an opinion and there is no required time period to form one. It's up to Kill and his staff to prove they can turn the program around.

- I would take Glenn Mason back in a heart beat. There was a time I thought I would never say this but I agree.

- How this will play out on GHole regardless of the record the most vocal of Kill's supporters will want it both ways. If Kill's absence becomes lengthy and the team is competitive they will go with the instant credibility line and even though they have been preaching the plan in place when Kill is gone if the team performs poorly they will use Kill wasn't there to explain it away.

- I look at this way finally the "no problem, plan in place" talk can end. The realization that missing parts of games or as in this case not even making the road trip is cause for concern. The head coach needs to be there.

- Gophers 14 Northwestern 45

You got me. I posted all that which of course proves I hate Jerry Kill. I have an agenda.

You got me. I posted all that which of course proves I hate Jerry Kill. I have an agenda.

..as much as this thread represents a "conspiracy" against Minnesota, yeah, you have an agenda.. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom